Question of Legality

Pulcher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Florida
Hey guys i needed to know before i do something that would get me into trouble. Would it be "ok" for me to sell these fish?

Florida Large Mouth bass-Micropterus salmoides floridanus- Ranging in sizes from 4" and larger.

Brown Bullhead-Ameiurus nebulosus - Also ranging in all sizes but under 10 inches is what i have seen.

Yellow Bullhead-Ameiurus natalis - Ranging from large to small.

All the gar species (except for alligator since i dont know where to get these)- Lepisosteus osseus- Lepisosteus platyrhincus-Lepisosteus oculatus- All above a foot in length.

Golden Shiner- Notemigonus chrysoleucas- From 2 inches all the way up to 10 inches.

Mosquito Fish- Gambusia holbrooki- They stay below 3 inches i believe.

Bowfin- Amia calva- From 4 inches to 30 inches.

American Shad -Alosa sapidissima- Usually under 5 inches.

Warmouth- Chaenobryttus gulosus - From 1 inch to 8 inches.

Bluegill-Lepomis macrochirus- From 1 inch to 10 inches.

Other misc sunfish looking fish.

Blue Tillapia-Oreochromis aureus- From 3 inches to 10 pounds.

Sailfin pleco- Pterygoplichthys multiradiatus- From just born to over 2 feet.

Just wondering if it would be a problem selling any of these fish since i can catch all of these fish.

midnight

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2006
under a bridge in fl
looks like part of the list i catch :D
i tried to sell to lfs but none wanted to deal with me.
was maybe going to try to sell here but shipping sux!

ok now onto the questions :D
im not 100% sure on this and sometimes you can get away with it like me,a private pond.
cant sell or keep baby bass under the limit
sun fish have to be caught on a rod,not net
warmouth i think are the same as sunfish and bluegills
tilap are iffy
looks about it 4 your list
if ya go to fish and game site,or look in regulations,
anything non game fish can be netted
anything they call game fish you have to go by the rules
unless its a private pond or lake
also to legally sell ya need a license
might want to find out if you can and want to sell before ya get it
its 25 bucks,and if no one buys that was waisted.lol
let me know if ya want more info,i got the info and links to forms
;)

Pulcher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Florida
That is pretty crazy all those regulations. I only said about tilapia Because they are destroying all the local habitat right before my eyes. Every lake i go to around here you see huge schools of tilapia all above 12 inches and everywhere you look you see stripped plants down to nothing. They are taking over and i kill every single one i catch. Also you cant catch them with a rod and line unless you use a bread ball. I hate these fish with a passion.

rjmtx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Louisiana
Check your DNR or parks and wildlife or the website whatever wildlife regulator you have at "the beach." They should have legality of it all written out for you. Generally, without the proper forms, it is illegal to sell wild caught native game animals.

midnight

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2006
under a bridge in fl
Pulcher;1662028; said:
That is pretty crazy all those regulations. I only said about tilapia Because they are destroying all the local habitat right before my eyes. Every lake i go to around here you see huge schools of tilapia all above 12 inches and everywhere you look you see stripped plants down to nothing. They are taking over and i kill every single one i catch. Also you cant catch them with a rod and line unless you use a bread ball. I hate these fish with a passion.
start eating :ROFL:

meepster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
It is illegal to sell native fauna collected from the wild in most cases. Most states do not allow the sale or trade of native fish without a permit (in some cases, they disallow it altogether).

In my state, Massachusetts, it is only legal to sell live native fish with a permit. I have one. It has a list of fish that I can and cannot sell. All game fish are listed as illegal to sell. (Fortunately, in MA, only trout, lmb/smb, herring and Esocids are classified as game fish.) All endangered species are also illegal to sell.

rjmtx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Louisiana
kafiltafiisch;1663654; said:
kill the tilapia and fertilize ur garden:naughty:
More like fertilize your belly. Hmm... That sounds kinda funny. Well, eat them, or feed them to those that will.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store