Questionable Piranha Tank-mates

nathanf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2007
Eastern townships, Quebec
I have one Pleco and two armoured Cat fish in with my RBPs. I also have a dozen Zebra Danios. A few come up missing from time to time. The Pleco and the Cat fish have lots of plants and wood to hide in and amongst.

Tonio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
Toronto
Im in the midst of upgrading to a 75 gallon tank...Currently have 3 RBP's around 5-6 inches. Might add 1 or 2 more to them who knows. I plan on adding wood and thick plants in there for catfish im thinking of adding. What are some good catfish to add inthere? Would pictus work?

Hollster

Banned
Feb 13, 2006
Sweden
Hey dude i ve heard abot the pleco ,that maybe there s a chance 2 keep them with piranhas ,.,i had re bellys befor and i bought some plecos, came home the next day it wase ling down dead -.-.anyway .,.if u say so .,.how about i bye one 2 my tank ,.,i have a serrasalmus rhombeus .,.,what do u think .,.,i dont.. think it will work but i heard.,.so what do u say ,,can try and c what happends my rhom is 5-6 cm take care holla

BABERBEK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
SOUTH AFRICA
Hi guys.I'm from South Africa and keeping Piranha here is illegal without a license but I wanted to try and get some-speeding is illegal too and I do it all the time.My question: Can I keep piranha with Zambezi Sharks?

goodcents

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
usa
Tried large crawdads and the longest living one was about 3 wks:( I feed mine every day and they still attack live stuff:(

fsubulldogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
detroit, michigan
good info. i have a RBP and wanted to find a tankmate for it. so i already had an oscar and a jack in my tank so i decided to try adding the piranha. and to my surprise they get along great. they chase eachother around for a second and then go about thier business. so this is one trail and error that worked out in my favor. so i have had luck with the jack and oscar with a piranha.

Tonio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
Toronto
fsubulldogs;985089; said:
good info. i have a RBP and wanted to find a tankmate for it. so i already had an oscar and a jack in my tank so i decided to try adding the piranha. and to my surprise they get along great. they chase eachother around for a second and then go about thier business. so this is one trail and error that worked out in my favor. so i have had luck with the jack and oscar with a piranha.
Just curious...how big are they? And how long have they been together?

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
With Wife & Kids in Stafford
I had a 6" red belly and about 4 oscars of about the same size and my P managed to kill them all over the period of a little less than two months. He also managed to kill two pacus i had that were only about 3 inches though so i figured that.

Reactions: thezubin1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store