Questions about albino pearls and P 14s

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
okay thank you appreciate all your help
I have been studying albino pearls for almost a years now. Asking questions to owners and eventually got my own. The one you bought with the half tail is actually the exact one that made me believe that I could some how afford one some day.

About 4 months after seeing yours for sale I finally was able to land my own trio.

after all my research and annoying questions to everyone who has owned these guys. My educated guess to the answer of your question is typically 12-14” when the adult patterns start popping like the mother’s patterns like the photo you posted.

how big is this girl now a days? She’s still a beauty.

Reactions: Chaval

Chaval

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2018
Awesome man. She's about 7 in right now. I appreciate you hitting this up so I finally have an idea when I'll see them adult colors. Do these take a long time to grow cuz I feel like she's growing super slow?

Reactions: Matteus

fishtanktaco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
This is how she looks now when will her true colors come out?
Naah, thats not her true color, for now it is but she will definitly turn more white. Not only in her rings..
The color as the mothers will be coming more and more but for sure you will notice a big diffrence somewhere between 8-10 inches, then she would be a whole lot whiter than she is now. And not only in her rings.

About p14, from beeing brownish they significant turn more black/greyish and get more whiter spots around 6-7 inches. And a wholelot more thereafter. Some even earlier than that and some later of course.

Reactions: Matteus and Chaval

Chaval

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2018
Naah, thats not her true color, for now it is but she will definitly turn more white. Not only in her rings..
The color as the mothers will be coming more and more but for sure you will notice a big diffrence somewhere between 8-10 inches, then she would be a whole lot whiter than she is now. And not only in her rings.

About p14, from beeing brownish they significant turn more black/greyish and get more whiter spots around 6-7 inches. And a wholelot more thereafter. Some even earlier than that and some later of course.
Perfect man I'm just getting so anxious I just want to see your change colors already and good to know about the P14 appreciate it.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Awesome man. She's about 7 in right now. I appreciate you hitting this up so I finally have an idea when I'll see them adult colors. Do these take a long time to grow cuz I feel like she's growing super slow?
Like Tobias has already mentioned, all rays/ fish grow at different paces. There can be a somewhat typical but there are factors to be taken into consideration.

clean water, temp, food- quality, frequency, space to grow etc.

I bought my trio about 4 months after seeing yours on the market. When they arrived they were all 4”. Now my male is roughly 7” and my females are about 5”-6”. I keep their water at no more than 30 ppm nitrates typically and feed smaller amounts 2-3 times a day with a fast day here and there of just 1 small portion.

as fishtanktaco has mentioned, my male is already starting to look more and more like the colours you seem to be after. Even at 7”, but the ones that I see online and am like dam- seem to be roughly 12”.

patience and clean water and your girl will be a nice stunner in no time.

Chaval

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2018
All right then. I'll just try to be patient. I'm just stupid excited LOL appreciate y'all's help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store