Rabbit snail eggs, but how?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I did some recent searching on rabbit snails because of your post and what I found is you need a male and female to have reproduction. The male rabbit snail passes his sperm packet to the female where she take it into her body and when conditions are right, she will then use the sperm to fertilize her eggs, sometimes one at a time but sometimes 2 or 3. She may produce 1 offspring per month for a number of months. The baby snail matures in her body in a gelatinous sac and she releases the baby snail in the sac into the aquarium where it breaks out of the sac and becomes free roaming.

I'm not sure from your side pics that you have rabbit snail babies. A front view of the head, tentacles and especially their muscular foot that extends from the shell when they are moving around.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Not to detract from the original thread but will a pair of yoyo loaches eradicate a snail population or just pick off the easy targets?
Depends on the snail type. Bladder and rams horn snails are typically easy prey for most snail munchers. MTS not so much. Yoyos are good snail munchers though. They can become d***s towards tank mates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store