a needlefish
and a tiger oscar
i hav a 200 gallon canister filter
a undergravel filter
a 100 galln sump
a 60 gallon biowheel
a wet dry filter
i hav sand and decor
wolffish should be in a species tank as already stated it will tolerate fish because of its nocturnal and sometimes passive behavior but will sooner or later bite or kill anything else off honestly they need a larger foot print tank than most can afford id say at least 6x2 minimum ultimately you will buy and keep whatever you want its your tank and no one will stop you from keeping it but i wouldn't

DawnT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2011
Ontario
Hi! I am new to this website. And, as you are or were curious about the red hi-fin wolf fish. So am I. We have purchased a wolf fish. It was the only one in the store. We asked if another will be in stock anytime soon. They informed us the wolf fish is hard to get. Rumored they might end up on the list of extinction (No information as to which one, or all...even if it is for all countries or just Canada). Since it is our first wolf fish, I wanted to find some information on them. I was doing a little searching online. I had seen one post with the name Red Hi-Fin Wolf Fish that looks like mine. So far the rest do not. I have not had a chance to post photo's yet. My online research led me to this post. My wolf is almost a salmon colour, lower fins are red. It's about 5 or 6 inchs. We dropped 2 large earth worms (about 5 or 6 inches in length) in with the wolf and both worms went in it's mouth at the same time. I think he would eat all day if he could lol! In the tank we also have 2 Vampire tetra aka Sabertooth tetra aka...It seems they get along, hanging out in the same spot at times. However, I caught the wolf fish sizing up the narrow end of the Vampires tail fin. The wolf fish realized it's mouth would not open wide enough yet, so it opted not to take a bite. The Vampires are the same length as the wolf fish. None are fully grown. Since the wolf was trying to be the dominent fish, we put an 8 inch pleco in the same tank. Now that there is one larger than the wolf it stopped trying to be the boss :). Our tank is 150 gallons and I am told that at some point we will need a bigger tank, or more than one. And, the wolf is the most active out of all of them. Now that I have seen other pic's and vid's of the wolf fish, I too am curious as to the proper name. Online, so far I have seen 3 wolf fish with different patterns, colours etc. but given the same name of Red Hi-Fin Wolf Fish. I see one post of a Rainbow wolf fish. Are there anymore? Does anyone know how to tell if a wolf is male or female?

y26tan18

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Singapore
hope I'm not hijacking...but anyone know their growth rate too? Mine seems to grow really slow. Its on a diet of mp, pellets, live catfish, frozen bloodworms and sometimes tubifex.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store