rapheal catfish

mark razmandi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Houston, TX
dont go spotted. go striped raphael. i have a 7" one that lives with geos and many 1" rosies i throw in for my birchir...the raphael doesnt touch the minnows ever...youre fine

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
well i like the looks of the spotted more than the striped, striped is ok only when the black is as balck as night in the country and the white whiter than ivory and those ones are harder to find than the dueled out colored ones.

so how long would the spotted be good with my smaller fish ? or would it always be good with the small fish?

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
I really hated my spotted when i had him. i gave him away in a trade cuz he didn't move. almost daily i would move things around that he often hid under cuz i thought he was dead. I didn't hate him as in i wanted him dead, just really wasn't interested in him.

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
Their sedentary lifestyle doesn't bother me.

StipesAndFins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
Massachusetts
Stripes are compatable with cherry barbs. I think Bettas prefer warmer waters but think the should work together.

I would be worried about the kuhlis because they might look too much like worms to the cat, but i'm sure.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
My 8" Striped can easily swallow the fattest of nightcrawlers in a single slurp. I'm think he could take out a kuhli or betta no prob too.

RayzrsEdge

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
Pottsville PA
the only problem i see are the kuhlis, other than that they should be fine, i have 2 striped raph's and 3 asian stone cats(which are almost identicle in size, shape and behavour) and i have kept them with tiger barbs and green tiger barbs and they were fine...

Lizardking

Jocke
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Sweden
I have a 10" striped raph and I would not trust him with kuhlis. But if you get a small one I guess you could keep it with kuhlis for some time.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
10" Raph?! How ancient is the creature? What do you feed him? Mine is around three or four years old ( I forget ) and only reaching 6 inches with tail now. And he eats plenty of everything except live.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store