RARE "Goeldiella eques" AT MY LFS!!!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just purchase 4inch horsehead catfish a few days but he isn't moving that much.. is that normal ??
Probably still settling in. Should be active when the lights go out.

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Perhaps more so at night, as Rob had said. In my hands these were pretty inactive, in fact when adults, they were like a catfish-looking log, day or night as far as I could observe. I never understood if it was my care or their nature. Totally passive. So much that I don't want another one.

Anyone else with extended experience out there???

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
Perhaps more so at night, as Rob had said. In my hands these were pretty inactive, in fact when adults, they were like a catfish-looking log, day or night as far as I could observe. I never understood if it was my care or their nature. Totally passive. So much that I don't want another one.

Anyone else with extended experience out there???
I wish I known that before i purchase him.. thought they were a active catfish.. since they're from the pim species

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I wish I known that before i purchase him.. thought they were a active catfish.. since they're from the pim species
I am not saying at all mine is an average, to-be-expected experience. Every tank differs and yours might be a different experience.

This catfish is from the Heptapteridae family, not that Pimelodidae are synonymous with activity. Pangasiidae I'd say are.

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
I am not saying at all mine is an average, to-be-expected experience. Every tank differs and yours might be a different experience.

This catfish is from the Heptapteridae family, not that Pimelodidae are synonymous with activity. Pangasiidae I'd say are.
I appreciate the info.. see your video of you swim with your catfish!. Amazing!..

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store