Gold Tier RD., Esteemed Contributor (upgrade from silver)

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I'm confused. I just thought if the nominated member got enough votes it sealed the deal?
Didn't realise a negative vote could have an affect if the number of yes votes was high enough.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Y'all are stressing me out lol.

I am trying to administrate the awards program fairly and impartially, without giving my personal opinion on anything regarding this Nomination. Hard as it may be to believe, I have not expressed my beliefs outside of my administrative role yet in this thread.

I'm also working very hard to try to bring peace to the forum through negotiations so we can stop fighting and be productive, but you all seem to really want to fight one another over old grudges.

That needs to stop.

If this thread descends into the madness that so many others have, I will throw it out, just like I do the others. When threads get ruined through arguing, they get thrown out. It's how the forum worked long before I joined the Staff, and that's likely how it will be run after I get fed up and walk away.

And that's the my admin role speaking, not Rob's personal opinion. When it comes to Rob the Admin, I can not choose sides in your disagreements, in spite of what Rob the Member's opinions may be. Above and beyond anything else, I wish to be fair in the manner in which I run this site.

I'll speak my peace on Neil's worthiness as an Esteemed Contributor once this process is done and the award is either issued or not issued. Protip: my opinion is quite different from what you all probably think given what I have said previously in this thread.

As to awards not being issued: that is not uncommon. Typically a Nominated Member simply doesn't get the support needed for a vote. Neil absolutely has the support needed for his award. If a Member who was ostensibly supported at the beginning of their Nomination has negative opinions expressed and it is unclear as to whether or not the community feels the award is deserved, I'll start an anonymous poll to clarify the issue. We haven't had to go that route yet.

Now please. I BEG YOU ALL: back on topic.

Reactions: mrrobxc and Matteus

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
RD. RD. Is a very knowledgeable person, and I find his opinion on fishkeeping valuable.

It's a yes from me

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
My vote is a no. Absolutely knowledgeable and an extremely informative member but imo he does vigorously drive threads but allot the time he drives them in the wrong direction when an opposing view is given. Im fine with the silver.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
My vote is a no. Absolutely knowledgeable and an extremely informative member but imo he does vigorously drive threads but allot the time he drives them in the wrong direction when an opposing view is given. Im fine with the silver.
we all have an opinion, and it's in best interest of the forum to be able to share them.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I would like to urge people to stop discussing anything other than yay or nay for the nomination in this thread, all else will be deleted to keep things on track

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Im late to the party as usual (oops)... but its a Yay from me...

Neil has always given solid info that can be backed up from what i’ve seen, even if its not always delivered in a sugar coated form to match everyones taste...

Actually im not sure i can even vote but whatever :p

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Im late to the party as usual (oops)... but its a Yay from me...

Neil has always given solid info that can be backed up from what i’ve seen, even if its not always delivered in a sugar coated form to match everyones taste...

Actually im not sure i can even vote but whatever :p
I am the only Member who is required to abstain from voting/expressing my personal opinion on a Nominee during the Nomination process.

You, and the rest of the Staff, have a vote. Indeed, Staff endorsements are still required.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Just for clarification Chicx is there a usual or set number of Staff endorsements that are required for a nomination's passage?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store