REACTORS- Filtration for stingrays

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I keep on boiling away......still only with water pumps pointing up. Had to put a glass cover on the reactor so it does not splash k1 and water everywhere....

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Here is the start of my reactor stuff, I have been playing with different setups a bit and this is where I am at thus far, I have a good amount of the media rolling really well, I am sure with a little more work and some time I will get it even better as I keep tinkering with it. Still not really sure if this stuff will do anything extra for my tank but I am sure happy to try it and see how it goes for me. So far cost wise I am into it a little over 200.00 which is media air pump and plumbing. Air pump by far being the most expensive but I am glad I went with a very large air pump. I am using the flow to my advantage as it pushes the media down stream then the air at the end is against a wall so the media has no choice but to push back up stream, So far its working very well, I am sure that I will be playing more with it and making more advances with this setup or ill keep it as it is and let it be.

IMG_3860.JPGIMG_3861.JPGIMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
[video=youtube_share;DeCxCoxqsH0]http://youtu.be/DeCxCoxqsH0[/video] Here is the video

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Thanks, so far its working fine, I'm sure ill play with it more as time goes along. I just threw the media in the sump I think about 3 weeks ago now and only really moving for a week and I can see it changing color already

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zungaro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2008
n.ireland
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzxm3V4
couple of pics of my k1 reactor and static media filter,2 x 1000 liter tanks one with bout 400 liters fluidised k1,one with static media and mechanical.filters feed by 2 x 4" diameter airlifts pumping 5-6000 gallons an hour each,with 2 x 6" dia pipe returns,with diy moulded 6" glassfiber tank connectors.filter seems to work great with about 80-100 pounds of tank inhabitants

ray777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
Chicago Land Area
How is everyone doing with these reactors? I was thinking of having a custom one made from acrylic. Was thinking 4ft tall x1ft x 1ft. Any ideas on what plumbing should be and how much media it will hold. Air infused better then a circulating pump shooting the water up?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store