Really wanting some cichla, but..

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Thing is unless you have a decent water volume the waste from feeding these fish and the waste they create in less then a year YOU and THE FISH will be unhappy with the result !!!!!Take it from a guy who jumped in had a plan and it still was not quite good enough for sure meaning myself !!!! If ya want to keep these Beautiful beyond believe fish PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!!!! then when ya do run into a problem it's slight ...Yes they will be fine in a 125 for some time .....But they will need larger eventually these are remarkable creatures to say the least and can be the most pleasure you could ever experience their personalities are Outrageous just this morning cleaning my tank glass i guess i was taking to long and a large Orino swam up to my micro fiber rag attached to a three foot cleaning rod and Bit the rag tried to take off with it just like catching it in the wild he just would not let go for about 10 seconds not be
fore splashin me in my face drenching Me LOL!!!!!!

They are Simply a joy to keep!!!!!!!

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
I am in the same boat. I have a 150g, and I would love to get some p. bass! I know I will upgrade in a couple years just dont know when. Are they happy by themselves? Or do they need to be in a group?

Chipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2012
Canada
a 125 is enough for a year or 2 but its defiantly not enough long term, would be great for a couple years though

bassguy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Limbo
Thing is unless you have a decent water volume the waste from feeding these fish and the waste they create in less then a year YOU and THE FISH will be unhappy with the result !!!!!Take it from a guy who jumped in had a plan and it still was not quite good enough for sure meaning myself !!!! If ya want to keep these Beautiful beyond believe fish PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!!!! then when ya do run into a problem it's slight ...Yes they will be fine in a 125 for some time .....But they will need larger eventually these are remarkable creatures to say the least and can be the most pleasure you could ever experience their personalities are Outrageous just this morning cleaning my tank glass i guess i was taking to long and a large Orino swam up to my micro fiber rag attached to a three foot cleaning rod and Bit the rag tried to take off with it just like catching it in the wild he just would not let go for about 10 seconds not be

Well said, it can be so hard to explain to people who don't have the experience with them.
:clap

JC_P

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
T.O

JC_P

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
T.O
imo a 220 is good enough for an average monster fish keeper to hold a 3 orino's.....or 3 kelberis.
3 is ok, but I don't know if it's a large enough number to distribute the aggression; heck, I don't even know how well they do in groups, but I do like the sp.'s you mentioned! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JC_P

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
T.O
Start small.. As they grow, you upgrade bro.. :)
That's the plan, bigger would be heck of a lot more expensive, and would cut my upgrade time in half; or heck in 1/4, lol.

JC_P

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
T.O

The system is running on a sump, probably going to do the same for the 220; or whatever the heck they're upgrading to, if I go forward with this that is. They do seem to be outstanding animals, I've always sort of wanted them, it's just I would never buy one, if I can't provide the proper care needed to have one. I'm still sitting on this one for now.

I'm loving the great feedback though, one of the many reasons why I love forums!

JC_P

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
T.O
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store