azariah.wikidot.com
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
2-10
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hey MFK,

So yesterday I purchased two panda garras to add to my 90 gallon tank, as I already had one in there. However, this morning I discovered that both of the newly added ones had managed to jump out. One had died, and one was barely alive. I got him in the tank, moved him back and forth to get after going through his gills, and he perked up a little. For a bit he was swimming around a little, until later today when he stopped swimming around at all. I examined him, and noticed that there was something up with the slimecoat around his head, it looks very smooth as if the scales are gone? I moved him to a hang-on temporary tank (lid secured) and he developed these black patches around him mouth. He's still alive, but is not moving, nor interested in food.

Any ideas on how I can help this guy and what I can administer to him? On hand I have some methylene blue, copper supplements, and possibly some melafix. Any and all help is appreciated.
8F060C9F-F0A1-4DA2-944F-5EEEF27052B1.jpeg98B66DD8-7559-4D70-9B2C-950A18002A53.jpeg

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
Hey MFK,

So yesterday I purchased two panda garras to add to my 90 gallon tank, as I already had one in there. However, this morning I discovered that both of the newly added ones had managed to jump out. One had died, and one was barely alive. I got him in the tank, moved him back and forth to get after going through his gills, and he perked up a little. For a bit he was swimming around a little, until later today when he stopped swimming around at all. I examined him, and noticed that there was something up with the slimecoat around his head, it looks very smooth as if the scales are gone? I moved him to a hang-on temporary tank (lid secured) and he developed these black patches around him mouth. He's still alive, but is not moving, nor interested in food.

Any ideas on how I can help this guy and what I can administer to him? On hand I have some methylene blue, copper supplements, and possibly some melafix. Any and all help is appreciated.
View attachment 1519208View attachment 1519209
Treat with api stress coat, api melafix, methaline blue, salt and general cure

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store