Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Did you breed them? or buy them? either way nice babies

Hunter44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2020
Why pellets? I have some rbp very similar size is there a benefit to using pellets over frozen cubes of fish?

Reactions: tlindsey

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
Why pellets? I have some rbp very similar size is there a benefit to using pellets over frozen cubes of fish?
It's better for them as it has all the vitamins and minerals they need to stay healthy and grow, unless you are feeding your piranhas whole fish with guts included would be best, most people only feed their piranhas just pieces of fish meat, my 18 inch piraya eats pelleted foods as well

Last edited:

Hunter44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2020
It's better for them as it has all the vitamins and minerals they need to stay healthy and grow, unless you are feeding your piranhas whole fish with guts included would be best, most people only feed their piranhas just pieces of fish meat, my 18 inch piraya eats pelleted foods as well
Might try mine on some pellets whilst they are young then, it doesn’t have any effect on their growth?

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
its cheaper and handy
Might try mine on some pellets whilst they are young then, it doesn’t have any effect on their growth?
You have to get them started on them when they are very young, my caribe eats them as well and he is 12 inches long so not stunted, I feed my piranha maybe once a week some fish fillets as a treat

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store