red belly piranha tank

Lil cazy

Feeder Fish
Jan 21, 2017
Hello I have a few questions and I need some tips etc And hear from you guys what I should do

I plan on getting 5 .5-1" Red belly's and I want to make sure I have a good setup for them such because I've never had these types of fish before.
I'm thinking about feeding them feeders (when they get bigger) and some pellets for vegetable purposes and maybe talipa now and then.

equipment; Currently I am running a 46 gallon tank with a Aqua Clear Fluval Power Filter and a Tetra Whisper UL Air Pump for Aquariums, Size 060 running one bubbler on one side of the tank I also have two 100w heaters to keep the tank a solid 70-80 f°

Decor; currently I have black rocks from Petco fake plants and some rock piles in the middle that I found by a river and cleaned up I also have a background for the tank and planing on getting a fake wood root system where they can go in and out of

I want atleast one sucker fish in the tank to clean it up which would be a good choice?

Is there any recommendations you guys would have for me or am I good with the stuff I have now?

1485036150336102340395.jpg

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Tank doesn't look large enough for adults.as far as feeders u should avoid goldfish and quarantine feeders at least a week,précis may get eaten,snails are probably better.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
piranhas will get too big for that tank, i suggest looking for a different
species of fish for that tank unless you have plans to upgrade the
tank to a much larger one pretty soon. not to mention in many cases
if theyre cramped in a small tank they will just kill each other until only
one is left.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
I would suggest another species as a 46 gallon isn't nearly large enough for piranha's. I would look into exodons? Will this tank work short term for RB that size, YES! But it is short term.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
as already echo'ed above, tank is too small for RBP's. I'd get exodons or do some type of comm tank.

You also can't have a pleco in with P's. May work for a little or for a while longer but eventually the pleco gets got.

EDIT just realized the threads already like a month old almost, this OP probably isn't coming back lol.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
as already echo'ed above, tank is too small for RBP's. I'd get exodons or do some type of comm tank.

You also can't have a pleco in with P's. May work for a little or for a while longer but eventually the pleco gets got.

EDIT just realized the threads already like a month old almost, this OP probably isn't coming back lol.
why you scaring him away ***hat lol hahah jk

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
that's my job here lol, mfk ahole. Franks gone someone's gotta fill the shoes hahaha
LOLLL

i thought frank was filling your shoes? lol hahahaha dont get banned like he did lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store