Red Devil in 60 gallon

BobbyMcKeel

Feeder Fish
Jan 8, 2021
I have a 60 gallon and recently got a small RD probably only 4-5 months old. Whoever had him last let him get beat to hell. Missing scales, bruised lip, torn fins. And a bite mark on his side. How long would this 60 suffice? I plan to get a 125 just need time to find one and get it.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 60 gallon and recently got a small RD probably only 4-5 months old. Whoever had him last let him get beat to hell. Missing scales, bruised lip, torn fins. And a bite mark on his side. How long would this 60 suffice? I plan to get a 125 just need time to find one and get it.
Welcome aboard
Jexnell Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Move him by the 6in mark.

Reactions: Galactik

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I think that part of my problem, if you can call it that, is I always put the fish before the person keeping the fish. No different than a dog, cat, pet monkey, whatever. I don't like to see fish needlessly getting torn up, suffering or worse, because the owner did something stupid. And I'm generally not afraid to say so, and speak my mind.

An RD can be kept in a 60 gallon for life, I just think that it would be a ****ty life.
Thank you, sir! This is something that has needed to be said on numerous occasions when threads like this pop up, but everyone is way too concerned with hurting someone's delicate feelings and so the fish suffer.

Here's a hint: if you ask the question, then you are already doubting the suitability of that tank for that fish. Rather than hoping for someone else to tell you that it will be "fine"...geez, I hate that use of the word...just bite the bullet and accept that you need either a bigger tank, or a smaller fish species. "Because I really, really want one!" is not sufficient justification for owning an animal for which you can't provide humane conditions.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store