grade B large $200
uploadfromtaptalk1335977799938.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Only reason they're that expensive is because they're not as widely available as the fh's are these days.
They have always been exspensive, they were always a status symbol like extremely quality flowerhorn are. What we get in the states iw nothing compaired to whats overseas.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT

Microfische

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2012
NY
They have always been exspensive, they were always a status symbol like extremely quality flowerhorn are. What we get in the states iw nothing compaired to whats overseas.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT
What I'm getting at is 7-8 years ago before everyone and their grandma kept flowerhorns or even had access to them, they were well in excess of $100 and were nowhere near the quality that they are now.

And it's like that with any new specie (to the market, not necessarily a new hybrid), I've kept african cichlids for a long time, and while majority of malawi were somewhat readily accesible, tanganyikans were still highly priced because of their availbility or the lack of to the us market.

As far as I see it it's a basic rule of supply and demand, the more you'll see these fish available locally the lower their price would be.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY

Sent from my MOTWX435KT
That top one is sweet, you think they can be that much better overseas, and what do you think about the new prices

What I'm getting at is 7-8 years ago before everyone and their grandma kept flowerhorns or even had access to them, they were well in excess of $100 and were nowhere near the quality that they are now.

And it's like that with any new specie (to the market, not necessarily a new hybrid), I've kept african cichlids for a long time, and while majority of malawi were somewhat readily accesible, tanganyikans were still highly priced because of their availbility or the lack of to the us market.

As far as I see it it's a basic rule of supply and demand, the more you'll see these fish bred here the lower their price would be.

Really high quality fh are still really costly compared to overseas

Breeding is an art and they line breed like nobody else. Even the non hybrid line bred cichlids are by far more cinsistantly amazing than here, prices there are low but ive seen hartwegi go for over 200 here line bred over seas, were you can get one here for penuts bred from here, def possible to get the random amazing speciman here bred locally but consistentcy due to the breeding techniques goes to the over seas breeders

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!

As far as I see it it's a basic rule of supply and demand, the more you'll see these fish available locally the lower their price would be.
I understand that completely but thats not entirely the case with Mammons.

That top one is sweet, you think they can be that much better overseas, and what do you think about the new prices

Really high quality fh are still really costly compared to overseas

Breeding is an art and they line breed like nobody else. Even the non hybrid line bred cichlids are by far more cinsistantly amazing than here, prices there are low but ive seen hartwegi go for over 200 here line bred over seas, were you can get one here for penuts bred from here, def possible to get the random amazing speciman here bred locally but consistentcy due to the breeding techniques goes to the over seas breeders
I meant flowerhorn overseas, not mammon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store