Red Mangrove - Reef Display Tank

CCena

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello,

I have a 55 gallon reef tank without a refugium that I recently started and have been doing research on the likelihood of successfully growing red mangrove in the display tank to add aesthetics and another biological filter. Has any one here tried to do this? Or heard of someone who has done this successfully?

IMG_5816.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello,

I have a 55 gallon reef tank without a refugium that I recently started and have been doing research on the likelihood of successfully growing red mangrove in the display tank to add aesthetics and another biological filter. Has any one here tried to do this? Or heard of someone who has done this successfully?

View attachment 1350721

Welcome aboard

Maybe this may help until other members chime in.https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/mangroves-in-aquariums.693885/#post-7821315

CCena

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks tlindsey! I had poked through the previous forums but did not find this one! I am still deliberating whether or not I try it so figured I would drop a line out to see if there was anything specific that I was overlooking. I am aware of the slow growth, light needs, and the need for the leaves to be sprayed with fresh water regularly, and that they can be a decent nutrient exporter when mature, but not sure if there is anything else to be aware of.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thanks tlindsey! I had poked through the previous forums but did not find this one! I am still deliberating whether or not I try it so figured I would drop a line out to see if there was anything specific that I was overlooking. I am aware of the slow growth, light needs, and the need for the leaves to be sprayed with fresh water regularly, and that they can be a decent nutrient exporter when mature, but not sure if there is anything else to be aware of.
I personally don't have any experience with Mangroves but there are very knowledgeable members here. While you wait just type in Mangrove in the search bar above and there may be more info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store