Red Petrochromis Blue Point!!!

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
sorry i meant to type bulu lol
The reason I asked is because the fish that finadic finadic was selling are not Bulu point, he listed them as a different location and I just wanted you to be aware so that you label them correctly both at home and IF you sell any in the future. There's nothing worse than forgetting the species and/or location and then trying to figure it out later.

Reactions: RD.

i Aqua

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
Nov 20, 2020
Valencia California
www.iaquacarbon.com
The reason I asked is because the fish that finadic finadic was selling are not Bulu point, he listed them as a different location and I just wanted you to be aware so that you label them correctly both at home and IF you sell any in the future. There's nothing worse than forgetting the species and/or location and then trying to figure it out later.
if Finadic's is not Bulu point then what is it?

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Red Petrochromis are all from Mahale National Park though they do not occur at Bulu Point in the north of the park. But the most fish caught in or near the national park get shipped via Bulu Point. Thats why they are often exported and imported as Bulu Point. Some people call them as Petrochromis sp. Mahale. There are 3 known catch locations. Luagala Point and Lubugwe Bay in the middle and Lyamembe at the south end of the park.

Reactions: RD. and deeda

i Aqua

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
Nov 20, 2020
Valencia California
www.iaquacarbon.com
Red Petrochromis are all from Mahale National Park though they do not occur at Bulu Point in the north of the park. But the most fish caught in or near the national park get shipped via Bulu Point. Thats why they are often exported and imported as Bulu Point. Some people call them as Petrochromis sp. Mahale. There are 3 known catch locations. Luagala Point and Lubugwe Bay in the middle and Lyamembe at the south end of the park.
these were caught 3 years ago off of Mahale National Park from Lybembe Reef.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
i Aqua i Aqua , check his for sale post Here and where he says they are Wild sp. Red Petrochromis Lybembe reef. He may have misspelled Lyamembe?

Reactions: RD.

finadic

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
i Aqua i Aqua , check his for sale post Here and where he says they are Wild sp. Red Petrochromis Lybembe reef. He may have misspelled Lyamembe?
The fish I brought in wild came from (Lybembe Reef ) located of the Mahale National park. They are offer sold as Mahale or Lybembe reef. My ad said Lybembe reef the red tail variety, not the cheaper black tail variety from Lugala point. Here’s a good article that describes the location in better detail.

Reactions: RD. and deeda

finadic

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
I used to have a group of them. If you like to bring out their color need Led kind of pinkish ray like beam works or the one I used Finnex vivid o assure u will enjoy them more. share couple pictures for all Petro red hobbyist

View attachment 1472597

View attachment 1472598
I used to have a group of them. If you like to bring out their color need Led kind of pinkish ray like beam works or the one I used Finnex vivid o assure u will enjoy them more. share couple pictures for all Petro red hobbyist

View attachment 1472597

View attachment 1472598

Reactions: i Aqua
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store