Status
Not open for further replies.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
The more you feed, the faster it'll grow.

They always beg for food, which makes them appear like they're starving, but in reality they're not. Fish can go for weeks without food and it'll still be 100% healthy.

Never over feed a fish, it's not healthy for humans and neither is it for fish. Overfeeding produces a large bio load, the fish may become obesed, and the nutrition of a goldfish is like you eating lettuce for the rest of your life, but 100 times more fatty.

So what you need to do, is stop listening to whoever that told you to feed your snakehead goldfish.

Starve that snakehead for a few days and start feeding it more nutritious food like shrimp, worms, pellets, squid, bugs, etc.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
goldfish feeders are trash. if you're the sort that wants to feed your fish trash, go ahead, but at least be aware of it.

Leicharti188

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Thanks for the interesting feedback.

I'll looking into trying to trying to vary the diet but i'm not sure how well the SN will adapt to other things...without going for m other fish -

Anyone have luck converting them to say pellets? I definitely worry about my fishes health otherwise why would I ask a question regarding overfeeding or diet? But anyways, Ireally appreciate the great feedback from everyone.

Thanks heaps

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
starving the snakehead is a surefire way to get it to eat pellets, but of course then you run the risk of having it eat tankmates-- but you had that risk all along anyway; the thing is going to hit 3 feet, and its a mean fish by nature; this isn't a fish specie designed for communities. Other than starving, itll prolly take a great deal of time and effort with some other method.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
my sh was rased only on goldfish by the old owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store