thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Guys thanks for help but he died the day
Sorry to hear.

On a personal note, I learn as much from killing fish as from keeping them. I've easily killed a thousand fish in the last decade.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Is a PH of 7.5 fine I bought a new red tail
Also my ammonia and nitrate is 0
Maybe you meant nitrite? Nitrate should not be zero.

I'd use a good liquid test kit, one that hasn't expired, follow the instructions exactly, then test for ammonia, nitrite, nitrates. I'd also test for pH and kH levels, but the 1st 3 are probably more important.

Then post all of the results on the chance that the water quality caused the problems.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That water (if these were the parameters when the RTC was alive, which is unclear) wouldn't kill an RTC.

So my second guess is the diet. If all or most of what you fed it were crustaceans, it likely developed vitamin B1 deficiency and perished. But this, my limited understanding is, usually occurs after a prolonged withholding from food and withering away.

Finally, perhaps the guys were right from the get-go and it swallowed an object that it couldn't regurgitate, which is quite rare but happens:

Reactions: Drstrangelove

Stingray_keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah thanks guys am getting a new baby one this week, and got a hybrid shovel nose just now

I feed him a varied diet of prawns,mussels,catfish pellets,bloodworm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store