Red terror

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
I've owned both fish the spot on the maya is huge . I liked my Mayas personality better tho I wish I had pictures
Yeah they are different in personalities, Mayans can glass bang and Fetaes are some of the most boring cichlids if not the most boring beside the colors and size.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Festae boring? Nah
Besides colors and size in comparison to other cichlids. I saw a Mayan glass bang at me at the store. Festaes Never do siht like that.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Besides colors and size in comparison to other cichlids. I saw a Mayan glass bang at me at the store. Festaes Never do siht like that.
How many festae have you raised?
Not to many cichlids meaner than a pissed off pair of spawning festae.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
How many festae have you raised?
Not to many cichlids meaner than a pissed off pair of spawning festae.
I 've had festaes on and off since 2005. Other cichlids too. I've had a lot of them I can't remember count but I absolutely know about Festaes for having so many. I can sexthem at 2" is how wel I know them.

I know you got that old big pair for a long time too.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Then you know that every fish is a little different they do have personality. Some are hyper aggressive some are more laid back. Festae are no different. In general they are not the glass bangers that a devil or trimac or dovii can be, but I wouldn't call them boring. Mine are highly interactive with me, He try's to splash me when I'm near the tank, he will chase his girl away every time I clean the tank as if he's trying to protect her or something.
In the end different strokes for different folks I guess. I just wouldn't apply a blanket statement of they are boring that's all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store