Reddish skin and skin peeling in redtail catfish

Siddhu

Feeder Fish
Mar 2, 2023
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I have two redtail catfishes each 5" length.. Both have reddish skin and skin peeling near their head.. It looks deep flesh peeling in some areas.. They are not taking food for last 2 days.. What kind of medicine can I use to cure them? I have a shovelnose catfish too. He's completely fine in the same water..

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have two redtail catfishes each 5" length.. Both have reddish skin and skin peeling near their head.. It looks deep flesh peeling in some areas.. They are not taking food for last 2 days.. What kind of medicine can I use to cure them? I have a shovelnose catfish too. He's completely fine in the same water..
Welcome aboard
Please post your water parameters.
If you don't have a test kit take a sample of water to your lfs to be tested for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and PH.
Also have you noticed any aggressive behavior from the Shovelnose?

Reactions: kno4te

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
ammonia prob

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store