Redoing the stickies on the Arowana forum

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Good day everyone.

I have cleaned up the majority of the Polypterus stickies, next is arowana. What would you like to see in the stickies? Which do you think need updating, and what should be added or removed?
Member feedback will be instrumental in making these adjustments so please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
I would like to see a thread on why arowanas are so widespread- I think they are on every continent except Antarctica! The only other fish that looks this widespread is killifish, it would be interesting to know why.

Other than that, the stickies look good to me. Maybe an updated species profile.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
You should add why arowanas are so unique in a sense compared to other bony tongue fish and how they differ to better suite there life style.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Cool. I think some formatting is needed on a lot of them, and images and so on. I may well rewrite in a similar fashion to what I did with the bichirs. Will see when my exams are done. Keep the suggestions coming!

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Heres another suggestion I think you should redo the one on the species profiles with more up to date info and you should add previously extinct species of arowana on there too.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Heres another suggestion I think you should redo the one on the species profiles with more up to date info and you should add previously extinct species of arowana on there too.
Up to date info is definitely needed.

What exactly do you mean by adding the extinct species? Having some history?

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Bump

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store