Repashy fish foods

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Does the water need to be boiling to form a gel?

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hey Deadeye Deadeye ,
You could dunk this on rocks like peanut butter. It would probably be good for your Puffers teeth. Aquarium Co-op sells Rapashy. They sell 6oz jars for $16.

Reactions: jjohnwm and Deadeye

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Got it today! Trial run time. I think tonight I’ll make a small amount and see if they will even touch it, and then I can make it in bulk with added cuttlebone tomorrow.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
2/3 had a strong response to it today! The last one was sort of interested.
It’s crazy, I never would have expected them to take to prepared foods this quickly.

The food looks so much like pudding...if I was feeling mean I could have so much fun lol.

Reactions: Cich Mind

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
The longer you keep Repashy uncovered in the fridge, the stiffer it gets, and I get less dispersal of it in water from fish that can swallow the chunks I cut. I prefer not to cut it until day 5 in the fridge

Reactions: Deadeye

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
Huh, I've theorized but never heard of feeding repashy to puffers before. I bet you could glue clam shells together with it to give them a real workout...

I mostly feed Repashy to my cory cats, oto cats (soilent green), and other nano fish (Spawn & Grow).

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
The longer you keep Repashy uncovered in the fridge, the stiffer it gets, and I get less dispersal of it in water from fish that can swallow the chunks I cut. I prefer not to cut it until day 5 in the fridge
Good to know! I’ll cut it up in a few days then (currently just a whole bunch in a foam coffee cup).

Huh, I've theorized but never heard of feeding repashy to puffers before. I bet you could glue clam shells together with it to give them a real workout...

I mostly feed Repashy to my cory cats, oto cats (soilent green), and other nano fish (Spawn & Grow).
I’m gonna try all kinds of things for them. Mixing cuttlebones and it together, stuffing shells, coating rocks. I like the “fake clam” idea!

Reactions: ichthyogeek
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store