replacement pump

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Yeah I think the DCQ's are still making their way into US/Canada, not super easy to find there yet (there are a few listings though on ebay and amazon), though they've been out about maybe 9 months here in SEA I'd reckon.

I'm currently running a DCQ-3500 in my 115 gallon Kamfa tank (just goes to a Sunsun pre-filter then UV sterilizer). Works a charm and quiet as anything, the air pump is way louder. I plan to get another one of the same model to put inside this tank's internal corner filter (currently has a normal Sobo pump). I also have DCT & DCP pumps on other tanks, no problems and equally happy with them.

Here's a little video review of the DCQ-3500 if anyone's curious to watch (when it was in my Kamfa's then 88 gallon tank):

Side note: I mention about a suspected issued with the pump not reaching it's max power rating (28 watts) -- a viewer made the correct point that max wattage will be influenced by how much head pressure you have on the unit.
Thank you. I will check out the video when I get out of class.

It appears that the only difference between the DCP and the DCQ is the wavemaker capability. For a reef tank, I can see that being very useful and worth the extra money, but for a freshwater tank, I don’t think it’s really worth extra money. I would probably still get one though. Lol. If their prices were the same then it would be an easy choice. I do like the red color though. Maybe my son’s 29 gallon tank needs a sump now...

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Thank you. I will check out the video when I get out of class.

It appears that the only difference between the DCP and the DCQ is the wavemaker capability. For a reef tank, I can see that being very useful and worth the extra money, but for a freshwater tank, I don’t think it’s really worth extra money. I would probably still get one though. Lol. If their prices were the same then it would be an easy choice. I do like the red color though. Maybe my son’s 29 gallon tank needs a sump now...
You're right, it's not really worth an upgrade or possible extra cost; instead I buy whichever one best fits flow rate wise for the situation needed (as for some reason they're not exactly the same in this regard if you look at the model numbers.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store