Reseal ?s

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
Check eBay, they are about $9 there. Search "internal aquarium surface skimmer" or "internal aquarium overflow box". Aquacave.com has some. Check some reef supply websites too. They're about $15-$30

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
My next question is are they nessicary ??
You could probably find the same style. Try checking out the manufacturers website if all else fails.

It's fine as long as your sump can handle the amount of water that will drain when you lose power. I'd recommend using them, because without them your tank may drain 6" depending on your standpipe length. If you use them your tank will only drain ~2" from the display and 6" from behind the divider. If it drains 6" you're going to drain ~45 gallons to the sump

Jerkinthetank

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
Wisconsin
You could probably find the same style. Try checking out the manufacturers website if all else fails.

It's fine as long as your sump can handle the amount of water that will drain when you lose power. I'd recommend using them, because without them your tank may drain 6" depending on your standpipe length. If you use them your tank will only drain ~2" from the display and 6" from behind the divider. If it drains 6" you're going to drain ~45 gallons to the sump
I'll be useing a fx5 for my plumbed filtration not a sump so I'm not overly worried about that and the only reason I'm not reusing these right now is because they are to difficult to clean?

Reactions: alecrromine

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
I'll be useing a fx5 for my plumbed filtration not a sump so I'm not overly worried about that and the only reason I'm not reusing these right now is because they are to difficult to clean?
should be good then. I've never used a canister on a reef ready tank, but I don't foresee any issues. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store