Resealing tank

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Are these basement windows? Or windows that could possibly be underwater?
I’m not questioning if it’s necessary, just surprised that it would be required to cure for so long on something that doesn’t have water pressure on it.

I’ll try to focus on how I’ll be rescaping the tank to keep me busy. I was getting tired of how it looked before so this has made the perfect excuse to redue it all.
Ha! No just regular windows. Commercial window wall systems that seal to the building elements (plaster walls etc.) are water tested (a mock up and then a portion of the windows). Usually the test actually involves inducing negative pressure at the back side of the window. A spray bar is used on the exterior face and usually run for at least 20 minutes at a prescribed pressure. All this to test for potential leaks one might experience in a heavy storm. All the window seals and the sealant from the frame to the building need to pass the test. Window systems also weep water but this is not relevant to aquariums.
So if you want to totally seal something to hold water, then you are talking serious business! You don't want your hard work to fail the test (when you fill the tank)!

Reactions: Jexnell and MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ha! No just regular windows. Commercial window wall systems that seal to the building elements (plaster walls etc.) are water tested (a mock up and then a portion of the windows). Usually the test actually involves inducing negative pressure at the back side of the window. A spray bar is used on the exterior face and usually run for at least 20 minutes at a prescribed pressure. All this to test for potential leaks one might experience in a heavy storm. All the window seals and the sealant from the frame to the building need to pass the test. Window systems also weep water but this is not relevant to aquariums.
So if you want to totally seal something to hold water, then you are talking serious business! You don't want your hard work to fail the test (when you fill the tank)!
Not sure how I missed your reply.
Oh, ok. That just seemed like such a long cure time for windows. Haha.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Keeping myself busy while I wait....
Picked out some new rocks for the tank and found these awesome tree stumps! I need to clean the bark off and trim them down, but I think they could look really cool at each end of the tank.
8FF7DD0B-A9D5-4116-BD43-F10C4790CD2E.jpegDD419500-D332-4450-9BB1-93C05BAE3483.jpeg

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I began water testing on Monday. No leaks! 1D952BCE-3838-49C6-A230-89E6827351B9.jpeg

This week has been so busy.
While waiting for the tank to be ready I got new sand, cleaned up some new rocks and wood... the tank got a whole make over. I even added plants this time!

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Had to wait for the sun to set so there wouldn’t be a bunch of glare.
The terrors are finally back in their tank:)
72D034B4-98BD-4897-947D-D07395FE62BA.jpeg
I’m not liking all the micro bubbles from the new pump. My husband likes it set higher with a faster flow but I was getting crazy bubbles. I turned it down, but it still makes the water look hazy:/
I never had this issue with the old pump, but I do love how silent this one is. I didn’t even know it was on its so quiet. Haha.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
View attachment 1370694
I’m not liking all the micro bubbles from the new pump. My husband likes it set higher with a faster flow but I was getting crazy bubbles. I turned it down, but it still makes the water look hazy:/
I never had this issue with the old pump, but I do love how silent this one is. I didn’t even know it was on its so quiet. Haha.

Beautiful Setup like how the GT's look in there.

Reactions: MrsE88

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
View attachment 1370694
YEAH!!!! Now thats what I am talking about! Fantastic. Gorgeous tank.

Reactions: MrsE88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store