Researching stingrays

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Anyways to stay on topic you can mix ray species together, you could go watch the YouTube channel ‘Stingray Biology’ on YouTube. He mixes and breeds stingrays in big tanks to sell in the USA ?

Cichlid savage II

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Middle River, MD
??? Isn’t that what I said? I said the 3 rays I bought previously were uninformed decisions. I talked about my failures, when did I self proclaim at all? I didn’t support Damascus, I didn’t even know he was condescending you? I’m just here to learn from everyone as I admit I’m not a great fish keeper, only starting about 1.5 years ago.
I'm not sure if you have but if you haven't, read the entire thread.

Cichlid savage II

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Middle River, MD
Anyways to stay on topic you can mix ray species together, you could go watch the YouTube channel ‘Stingray Biology’ on YouTube. He mixes and breeds stingrays in big tanks to sell in the USA ?
I am subscribed to his YouTube channel. However, one should never rely on one source for information or one person's experience. We are all hobbyist and do somethings differently. I'm looking for other perspectives.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
My question was based on your response to my post, not based on my understanding of keeping rays. As stated in my OP, at ray tank is probably at least 2 years away. This isn't my first tank, and I'm not a 16 yr old kid who does things on a whim because they look cool. Your condescending response was neither warranted nor appreciated. The thread is titled "Researching stingrays". That in and of itself should suggest to the casual observer that I realize there is a lot I still need to learn and am seeking information. Also since the post says the tank is at least a couple of tanks away because of other projects, I am giving myself adequate time to prepare myself. Pompous rantings from someone basking in their delusions of self grandeur is what drives people away from reaching beyond their grasp and achieving new goals. Perhaps you should take more consideration when responding to threads. If you can't provide assistance without being judgemental or supercilious, perhaps you should stay out of the conversation. "With all due respect".
And based on what you were asking, you still have more research to do. People are here to help you, and if you can't accept what you are being offered, you can do what you want, and any losses you incur will be directly on you.

If telling you just how challenging rays can be is basking is self grandeur, then I don't think anyone here can help you, and maybe you can ask someone who will tell you what you want to hear so you can end up with something as you said "beyond your grasp".

Calm down, take a breath, and listen to what people have to offer. Some of us have been dealing with rays for a very long time...

If you want to learn, some of these people on here have advice to give and produce some of the best rays in the world. Humble yourself for 5 minutes and at least listen to what they have to say regarding the questions you asked.

• Love
Reactions: Matteus

Cichlid savage II

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Middle River, MD
And based on what you were asking, you still have more research to do. People are here to help you, and if you can't accept what you are being offered, you can do what you want, and any losses you incur will be directly on you.

If telling you just how challenging rays can be is basking is self grandeur, then I don't think anyone here can help you, and maybe you can ask someone who will tell you what you want to hear so you can end up with something as you said "beyond your grasp".

Calm down, take a breath, and listen to what people have to offer. Some of us have been dealing with rays for a very long time...

If you want to learn, some of these people on here have advice to give and produce some of the best rays in the world. Humble yourself for 5 minutes and at least listen to what they have to say regarding the questions you asked.
If your idea of helping is one a sentence answer to 3 specific question you have a strange definition of help. Humbling myself does not mean just accepting a irrelevant statement at face value. But does include admitting I don't know something by asking questions, which I did. Nowhere in my OP did I ask about water parameters or how difficult you thought rays were to keep. While that information may have been helpful if put into some form of context, your one sentence drop the mic response screams of arrogance. Your reach should always exceed your grasp, otherwise you can't grow. That doesn't mean that you step into a new venture blindly and unprepared. FYI asking questions is beginning research.

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
If your idea of helping is one a sentence answer to 3 specific question you have a strange definition of help. Humbling myself does not mean just accepting a irrelevant statement at face value. But does include admitting I don't know something by asking questions, which I did. Nowhere in my OP did I ask about water parameters or how difficult you thought rays were to keep. While that information may have been helpful if put into some form of context, your one sentence drop the mic response screams of arrogance. Your reach should always exceed your grasp, otherwise you can't grow. That doesn't mean that you step into a new venture blindly and unprepared. FYI asking questions is beginning research.
You literally asked why it was someone thought they were some of the most difficult fish to keep. I have given you much more than 1 sentence and you have elected to resort to this.
Best of luck, pal.

Reactions: Matteus

Cichlid savage II

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Middle River, MD
You literally asked why it was someone thought they were some of the most difficult fish to keep. I have given you much more than 1 sentence and you have elected to resort to this.
Best of luck, pal.
Your initial response was 1 sentence. It wasn't until I asked you why did you provide your insight, which by the way had nothing to do with the questions asked. Thank you for your well wishes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store