Restarting when I can afford it, and when I have the proper equipment. Chime in.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
My nano reef has been running for almost a year now, and my african tank for close to 5 and I am a firm believer in feeding NLS. I've been happy enough with it that I haven't had a reason to switch.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
comment deleted...again.

When I see posts like the poop comment, it causes me to believe that there is no hope for this forum.
I quote - NLS- "G. Superior food generally produces less waste, hence less pollution in your aquarium. In other words, excess undigested protein, fiber, minerals (ash), will expel through the gills and feces creating phosphate, ammonia, and nitrogen compounds"

I quote - Hikari - " 3.Easily digested by all marine animals, reduces excessive fish waste and the associated water quality problems"

NO hope for this forum is ppl with 6,000+ posts that got nothing helpful to add - instead they vent their daily frustrations on the internet making it uncomfortable for those who do share experience with others NOT want to.

I use Hikari Marine A + Extreme seaweed

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
You should look into getting a Rodi unit

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
You should look into getting a Rodi unit
my house is in the country, with very heavy sulfur content, misc. ash or black hardened material....we run an RO/DI unit for our entire house...but i don't have one for the sole purpose of my fish tank, i just use the house water... when i get it tested it was running at 22 ppm....while at my LFS i had them test their own RO/DI water and purchased 15gals. But their water was running at 15 ppm....i did a W/c with their water but will continue to use mine...

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
I quote - NLS- "G. Superior food generally produces less waste, hence less pollution in your aquarium. In other words, excess undigested protein, fiber, minerals (ash), will expel through the gills and feces creating phosphate, ammonia, and nitrogen compounds"

I quote - Hikari - " 3.Easily digested by all marine animals, reduces excessive fish waste and the associated water quality problems"

NO hope for this forum is ppl with 6,000+ posts that got nothing helpful to add - instead they vent their daily frustrations on the internet making it uncomfortable for those who do share experience with others NOT want to.

I use Hikari Marine A + Extreme seaweed
What all do you keep ? All i currently have are a pair of ocel clowns, and a damsel with some inverts....none of which would probably mind the switch to a seaweed/veggie diet

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
What all do you keep ? All i currently have are a pair of ocel clowns, and a damsel with some inverts....none of which would probably mind the switch to a seaweed/veggie diet
3 yr old pixie hawk, 3 yr old yellow mimic tang, 2 yr old long horn cowfish, 1 yr old Koran angel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store