Return pumps

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
I will step up with a couple negative words about the Jeboa pumps. I just replaced my QuietOne 3000 pump with the higher flow rated Jaboa DCP 5000 pump. The DCP 5000 pushes less water through my system than the QuietOne 3000. I also really hate the power brick for the Jaboa pumps. I had to glue the supplied power cord into the power brick to keep it from falling out!

If I had to do it over again I would have still purchased a Jeboa pump but I would have purchased the DCP 6500 instead of the DCP 5000. The pump controller will go down to 30% and the 30% setting is not 30% water flow, it is much less (Maybe 30% or the max RPM?). So the pump has a wide range of flow rates and I might as well buy way bigger than what is needed. I also would glue the power cord into the power brick before I ever connected up the pump to my tank.

My Jeboa DCP-5000 is definitely quieter than my QuietOne 3000 and I suspect it is also more efficient.

P.S. As long as I am complaining about the Jeboa DCP pumps the 3/4" barb fitting they send is too big to fit any 3/4" tubing I have found even if I boil the tubing to soften it first. The same barb is also definitely too small to seal with 1" tubing. I used the supplied 1" slip fit adapter with a 1" slip to 3/4" NPT adapter and a 3/4" NPT to 3/4" barb fitting both available at Lowes.

All annoyances but none of them would keep me from buying another Jeboa pump in the future or giving them a qualified recommendation to a fellow hobbyist.

Last edited:
Reactions: dan518
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store