Rhynchodoras Woodsi headed for my home. Best parameters?

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
They are currently at 6.8 and being sent to me on Monday. I was hoping for some first hand experience as to whether or not they are sensitive to specific hardness or temperatures. Seller tells me they're eating pellet, which is fantastic. But I've got to feed them life to find out what that bony process on their mouth is for. Has anyone met any difficulty keeping this species or is it the usual doradid bliss?

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Do you still keep theses? I just picked up 2 and there's very little info out there.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Do you still keep theses? I just picked up 2 and there's very little info out there.
The thread is 10 years old and the OP hasn't been on since June so you probably won't get a response and if you do I have a feeling they may not be keeping them anymore.

Planetcatfish I have found is an invaluable resource when looking up info on catfish, so ist's a great place to start. I personally never kept Woodsi but according to Planetcatfish they can thrive in a PH range from 5.8-7.0 as long as it's done properly and of course large fluctuations are avoided. Temperatures between 75.2-78.8°F. They display fairly typical Doradid behavior but are one of the most timid of Doradids. So don't ever expect to see them. Lol They are nocturnal. Again this is what Planetcatfish says. Here's link to Woodsi profile page and Catfish of the Month from back in 2005. Hope it helps.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
The thread is 10 years old and the OP hasn't been on since June so you probably won't get a response and if you do I have a feeling they may not be keeping them anymore.

Planetcatfish I have found is an invaluable resource when looking up info on catfish, so ist's a great place to start. I personally never kept Woodsi but according to Planetcatfish they can thrive in a PH range from 5.8-7.0 as long as it's done properly and of course large fluctuations are avoided. Temperatures between 75.2-78.8°F. They display fairly typical Doradid behavior but are one of the most timid of Doradids. So don't ever expect to see them. Lol They are nocturnal. Again this is what Planetcatfish says. Here's link to Woodsi profile page and Catfish of the Month from back in 2005. Hope it helps.

Thanks. I had read the Planetcatfish articles and noted the age of the thread when I found it. My micro cats live in a 240g system (8x 29g tanks) so it is stable and maintains an average 80F. They are eating pellets so I have no worries about keeping them fed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store