Rio Tapajos Aimara ?

BOREEK

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
WASHINGTON DC
This is a picture of my 18" h. Lac, I was selling on this site in 2010 for $250 so a 1" lac will never be more than a 1" aimara and I know collection points do matter but $165 is way too high for a 1" wolf if it's not a true aimara

Screenshot_20180807-180543.png

Reactions: moe214

BOREEK

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
WASHINGTON DC
This is a picture of my 18" h. Lac, I was selling on this site in 2010 for $250 so a 1" lac will never be more than a 1" aimara and I know collection points do matter but $165 is way too high for a 1" wolf if it's not a true aimara

View attachment 1329111

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014

View attachment 1329111
You selling vs a vendor is different

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Lacs get pretty much just as large as aimara anyhow, just as mean to from my research. Didn't db's 2' lack kill 2 20" aimara?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Lacs get pretty much just as large as aimara anyhow, just as mean to from my research. Didn't db's 2' lack kill 2 20" aimara?
The aimara were more like 18" and the lac 20" for the first one the second one he's guessing the lac is around 2' and that's only towards those wolves only other thing he said it really fought with was the clown knife. Said to max at 3' in the wild. Supposed to be more active and friendlier to tank mates

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
There's differing opinions in this thread.....lol

"Value" of fish isn't even worth debating.... Its up to the buyer what something is worth. If they think its worth it they pay it. I paid more for "Lucy" then I did either of my Aimara, would do it again in a heartbeat. Best money I ever spent on a fish hands down. Would I spend over $165 for 1" fish that are NOT Aimara? Shoe betcha. lol. CF Panara Lacs. Think I bought at least 5.... Would I do it again? Yup.

Lucy did kill 2 Aimara once they began getting close to her in size. Not sure if this had to do with tank size or not - seems like some fish will fight for a big tank but cohab smaller tanks just fine - maybe space is worth killing for? Lucy always has and is still just fine with smaller wolves. There's an flawless Australis half her size in with her and they even compete for food without issue.

In my experience Lacs are much more curious/inquisistive VS Aimara just straight hating people.... So I would say towards people Aimara are def wayyyy more aggressive. But to tankmates - I'm not sure there
s much difference. I seemed to have really good luck with Aimara and tankmates, but I aquired both mine as small as possible and started them in comm tanks. Raised as "fish" vs raised as mean monsters that are constantly pestered, chased, thier aggression shown off, teased with fingers, fed live etc (probably where most of us probably started out at... lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store