Ripsaw compatibility?

i like trains

Feeder Fish
Jul 30, 2017
I am thinking of putting a 745 gallon tank together. Its 10 foot by 4 foot by 30 inches. I am planning to have a stocking of some crazy combinations that I know will work. I will have a bunch of cover and have a black arowana, 2 flower stingrays, 10 siamese algae eaters, 50 denison barbs, 13 discus, 1 banded leporinus, 10 striped anostomus, 7 clown loaches, 9 red head geophagus. I was thinking of adding a giant ripsaw catfish. I've done some research and have found they get around 3 feet longin captivity, which I am not worried about with the 10 foot long tank, but according to the website, they eat fish that are really small, and able to fit in their small mouths. Denisons, anostomus, algae eaters are relatively fast fish. So I was wondering if they could work with the ripsaw. Please post any other care or experience that you guys have had on this amazing catfish. Thanks!

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I’ve personally kept a 22” Niger with 2-3” fish never once a problem

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
They aren't really good predators, however you may need to upgrade tank as adult

burntrubber

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Generally I would prefer an Iriwini cat. Much cooler looking.

My concern about your stocking list. Discus are wussy, would have trouble eating. Get Angelfish instead.
Banded Leo will kill the Striped headstanders. One or the other.
At least 6 Banded Leo. 1 would be the A-hole, 2 would beat each other all day.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store