Rocky My JD At Top Of Tank

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
I don't like it either!!!!!! LOL!!! I thought he would like more room & it's easier to clean. Should I put some more rock's back???
I have 2 Jack's paired off... I can do anything I want now... but when my female was alone she wouldnt eat for a week each time I would add/remove anything from the tank... decorations plants or fish.... dont be surprised if adding the rocks back dont instantly make your jd happy as he/she may decide to really make you pay for your decision for a few days

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
I have 2 Jack's paired off... I can do anything I want now... but when my female was alone she wouldnt eat for a week each time I would add/remove anything from the tank... decorations plants or fish.... dont be surprised if adding the rocks back dont instantly make your jd happy as he/she may decide to really make you pay for your decision for a few days
Hi Chris!!! I was thinking about adding the rock's back but I don't know? I Loved the rock set up! I took them out to give him more room and It would be easier for me to clean. What size tank are yours in?

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hi Chris!!! I was thinking about adding the rock's back but I don't know? I Loved the rock set up! I took them out to give him more room and It would be easier for me to clean. What size tank are yours in?
My pair is in a 110 gallon... the female was alone for 6 months in a heavy planter 65 gallon and then moved around a bit and that's when I noticed her attitude towards me went from love to I want to murder you lol.... one thing i know about Jack's for sure is space isnt a big deal... i think bigger is better and no tank can be too big but i wouldnt worry about space much... I'd say 75 gallon and bigger for one is more than enough even if it has alot of hardscape

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
My pair is in a 110 gallon... the female was alone for 6 months in a heavy planter 65 gallon and then moved around a bit and that's when I noticed her attitude towards me went from love to I want to murder you lol.... one thing i know about Jack's for sure is space isnt a big deal... i think bigger is better and no tank can be too big but i wouldnt worry about space much... I'd say 75 gallon and bigger for one is more than enough even if it has alot of hardscape
He's in a 55 by himself. I just thought he would like the extra space. Not that he did alot in the tank. IM seriously thinking about putting the rock's back. I just want him to be happy. I do 50% water changes every week and took the rock's out every couple of weeks.

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
He's in a 55 by himself. I just thought he would like the extra space. Not that he did alot in the tank. IM seriously thinking about putting the rock's back. I just want him to be happy. I do 50% water changes every week and took the rock's out every couple of weeks.
If hes by himself in the 55 then put them back in... but I'd suggest getting a 75 in the future... my jack are 9 inches long... a 12 inch wide tank is a bit tight for a cichlid that big in my opinion..... hell get all cozy with you again soon enough

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
I will put his rock's back and make him a happy boy!!! Rocky is about 9 inches. I was thinking about getting him a bigger tank. Thank you so much for your help Chris. I appreciate it.

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Hi everyone. I put the rock's back and I thought Rocky was happy. He keeps going back to the top of the tank . The water is fine & he eats. Is this what JD's do?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store