Ropefish tank size

Vaskov

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello

I currently have a 120cm x 40 x 55 fluval roma 240 litre tank that's empty and wondered if it was big enough for a rope fish and if so how many or could other fish also live with the ropefish?

Is it true these fish love jumping? Is it when doing water changes etc or just in general? I have a plastic lid on the tank that comes as standard would it need weighing down?

Any advice welcome

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Zmouvek

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2022
That size seems to be good, a good few other fish probably could cohabitate with the ropefish in that size of tank.
Ropefish are notorious jumpers, in general. naturally they are known to wriggle and slither onto land to grab insects on the riverbank.
If there is a hole in your lid, the ropefish will probably find it.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
You have plenty of space for ropefish. You could probably have more than one. And yes, you can have other fish with the ropefish. Just no aggressive fish (like cichlids) or fish that are too small (it can eat them). Preferably, little to no other bottom dwellers if you can help it.

Yes, ropefish are master escape artists. I don't believe they nessacarily "jump" out of the tank, but they definitely wiggle worm their way out. Make sure you have a lid that has no escape routes, and never leave your lid open.

Reactions: Zmouvek and Caveden
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store