Round 4

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
They always die, They never get feed... i grind up a load of food and put it over the cave and they dont seem to eat it... Any help? They have tank mates but the dad defends like no man but my other fish dont eat the fry so i think they are good.

ConsDoingitagain.jpg

ddyerfamily

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2007
Kentucky
www.youtube.com
Feed with a Turkey baster.......wait till there off the bottom swimming.
seperate to another tank or they will be lunch.
If you seal the baster with silicone no air will get in.(loss of suction)
was a problem I ran into.
In seperate smaller tanks I just drop powdered flakes in the filter water flow and this sends the food to the bottom.

Easiest way to get fry out (IMO) is large hose and suck/vacuum them out.

any more questions pm me.this site is full of info.
use the search at top.try different wordings to search.will get lots on threads on breeding most all fish.(If can be breed in tanks)
I am having great luck breeding....must be doing something right :ROFL:
I have all my 13..no...14...no....15...? or so tanks full of fry (and breeders).

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
I think im going to let them live a little longer this round. "wait till there off the bottom swimming" I never seen them get higher then 2 inch off the ground but i do see them Swim away from the safe places... Can u explain this free swimming?

Im going to move them into my planted tank once they are "free swimming" hope it goes better... i dont know about thos TSAE they like to eat small food so fry food might get eaten by them XD

ddyerfamily

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2007
Kentucky
www.youtube.com
:iagree: Google for more info,lots out there.
Free swimming is right after the small fry use up their yac sacks.
The major of the web sites list 5-7days.
I find it takes a few days more before the fry really get the hang of swimming.You will know.They go from a brown wiggling mass under mom.
Then they start spreading out (looking for food most likey)
When they spread is a good time to start feeding.
Very Very small amounts on Baby brine shrimp or finely powdered good quality flake blown gently over the group of fry.(turkey baster)
Little goes long way.
I have to laugh here cause :
You will be bitten by the male and chased away.
They will bite the Baster(or what ever you use)
Very protective !

Good Luck

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Well time has passed. I have 5 fry left over and they are bigger then morn... I never had any this big before. The only thing ive been doing it taking about 2 pinches of food and grinding it up over the area they are camping in. An today i see the fry going for the finer peaces...

Now how long will they be under watch from the mom n dad? The Tank still holds all the other fish. But they don't seem to be eating them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store