Row V. Wade

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
That tree line does look virtually identical in both pictures. If it is the same place, and those are indeed a croc and a gator, then the only area in the world where crocs and gators live side by side is the Florida Everglades, I think!

So that northern Australian magpie goose took a monumentally wrong turn somewhere to end up in Florida, lol. Unless they migrate to Florida, but I doubt that very much.

Damn photoshopped pictures causing uncertainty, lol.
Hello; can we dismiss the photo as not being real in the sense the image is not one of an actual event???

aussieman57

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2021
That tree line does look virtually identical in both pictures. If it is the same place, and those are indeed a croc and a gator, then the only area in the world where crocs and gators live side by side is the Florida Everglades, I think!
Damn photoshopped pictures causing uncertainty, lol.
We have crocs further north in FL than the glades. I've seen 1 croc in my canal since I've lived here. Neighbor spotted it and told me & I thought he was full of crap. The next day I was out fishing and saw him or her a 10 foot croc; you can tell by the "snaggletooth".

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Hello; can we dismiss the photo as not being real in the sense the image is not one of an actual event???
There are no alligators in Australia, only crocodiles. Taking into consideration that the goose is from northern Australian then the top photo could very well be authentic. It's even labelled "northern territory saltwater crocodile".

The other one though is extremely dubious, and i'll gladly dismiss that one.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
We have crocs further north in FL than the glades. I've seen 1 croc in my canal since I've lived here. Neighbor spotted it and told me & I thought he was full of crap. The next day I was out fishing and saw him or her a 10 foot croc; you can tell by the "snaggletooth".
.....do the crocs and gators hang out with or avoid each other?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have no idea. I've only seen 1 in 22 years living here and it was all alone.
Interesting...back in the early 90's a local pet shop actually had a few Nile croc hatchlings for five hundred bucks each.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
When we visited my mother in laws house in Tavares in Florida in 2010 (central Florida) we saw a small gator/croc crossing the road! There are a lot of lakes around that area, Lake Eustice is one that comes to mind.

Their original habitat was probably the Everglades in the south but obviously, over the years, they've migrated north too. I was amazed by the amount of lakes in Florida, it's hardly surprising they've moved up there, it seems ideal for them.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
When I was down in Florida visiting I didn't get to see any crocs or gators but there sure were plenty of highway tolls!

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Spent a couple of years working in Brunswick County North Carolina near Wilmington. I rented a room at Boiling Springs Lakes maybe five miles from Southport NC. I was maybe 40-45 miles north of Myrtle Beach SC. Saw plenty of gators. Went fishing with some locals at the Colonel's pond in the Sunny Point Military Reservation. We caught some fish and put them on a stringer. Heard some splashes around the stringer. Later found all the fish were gone. As it got toward dusk our lights could pick out the eyes of gators out in the pond.

• Wow
Reactions: Wideglide04
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store