royal clown loach with pic

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I kept a couple about 20 years ago. I'd have them again if I could find them. They ignored tankmates but, fed on rosy reds. Also ate earthworms, blood/blackworms, pellets, wafers, etc. Not as active as regular clowns but, not fearful of being out in the open, either. Kept them in a 78F tank until having to give them up to transfer back to sea duty.

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
not fimilar with these guys at all. Are they even teh same species as regular clown loaches? They look nothing alike, and with a name like ROYAL clown loach you would assume they would be more money then regular C-loaches, but i have never seen a 6 inch clown loach for anythin near 40 bucks.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
TCZeli;995301; said:
not fimilar with these guys at all. Are they even teh same species as regular clown loaches?
There are far more loaches than most people think.;) That was indeed a Leptobotia elongata or in a common name being called 'Royal Clown Loach'. Far different from the Botiine genus, of course.

Check this link for information available.
http://www.loaches.com/species-index/leptobotia-elongata

To me, it's still cool no matter how they look.:D

FloridaFishTanks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2015
this fish guy and my town tried selling me one for 250 lol his store should be shut down though also so im not surprised

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Do you realize this thread is 8 years old? And that price is not out of line. In those eight years these fish have become rarer and much more expensive!

Mod`s, this thread should be closed.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
this fish guy and my town tried selling me one for 250 lol his store should be shut down though also so im not surprised
I'll gladly pay $250! Anyway I could get the contact info? I'd love to add one to my collection.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store