RTC and TSN Information

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Well they can hit the 2-3 foot mark.mand they will swallow anything that comes into their mouth. You well need a ver y large aquarium. 5 foot is the minimum. They like foods that are high in protein I used feed my catfish beef heart it didn't eat anything except for beef heart you should also give them foods high in protein it will really boost their growth rate. The tank mates that are suitable for it,are
1) arowana
2)oscars but bigger ones they might get eaten
3)female flowerhorns
5)pacupiranha
6)fire eel
7)Plecos
8)alligater gars but they nip the fins sometimes
9)pardon sharks
10) tinfoil barbs
11) peacock bass
12)bichirs
Dont not keep shells, marbles and small decoration as they might get eaten and may result in death.
Use sand s a substrate.
Goodluck
No offense buddy, but 5 foot tank? 5 feet wide is to small... they grow to 4 feet. Minimum tank imo is 14 x 8 x 3 - 4 feet. 5 foot long cant house one for very long. And female flowerhorns? I dont seem why they wouldnt get eaten. Oscars?, im pretty sure they would get eaten too. Dude, please be sure before you post somethink like this, this guy might now think a 5 foot tank is large enough, when that is so far from the truth..

wbilliam66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2014
chicago
Yeah it could be a injury or a fungal infection. Treat your tank with salt but just a little but as we arent sure.what tank mates do you have?it could have scratched itself with the decorations but it looks like injury rather then a fungal infection.
tEll me if the fish is eating ts food properly. If it is give it foods high in protein so that it heals quickly Goodluck
Thanks for the replies, he is eating but not like normal. On average he would eat 20 goldfish in a day or two. Since the break in the fin he only eats about a quarter of that. This has me a little worried.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Thanks for the replies, he is eating but not like normal. On average he would eat 20 goldfish in a day or two. Since the break in the fin he only eats about a quarter of that. This has me a little worried.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Is Whole diet dosnt consist of goldfish does it? Thats unhealthy for the fish..

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
No offense buddy, but 5 foot tank? 5 feet wide is to small... they grow to 4 feet. Minimum tank imo is 14 x 8 x 3 - 4 feet. 5 foot long cant house one for very long. And female flowerhorns? I dont seem why they wouldnt get eaten. Oscars?, im pretty sure they would get eaten too. Dude, please be sure before you post somethink like this, this guy might now think a 5 foot tank is large enough, when that is so far from the truth..
Bro look what I wanted to tell him that a 5 foot tank would be good in length and it should be 3 foot wide atleast. And yes I did tell him to keep flowerhorns and soars with it because they can live with. I have a two feet tsn living with flowerhorns and oscars. It will out grow the tank but not suddenly. It's the right size for the beginning. But full grown oscars and flowerhorns of course? But if u plan to keep one of these fish with u for the rest of your life then u should make a pond, but if your just keeping them for a while make 5-7 foot aquarium in length, 3-5 feet in width. But I wouldn't recommend a larger one

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Bro look what I wanted to tell him that a 5 foot tank would be good in length and it should be 3 foot wide atleast. And yes I did tell him to keep flowerhorns and soars with it because they can live with. I have a two feet tsn living with flowerhorns and oscars. It will out grow the tank but not suddenly. It's the right size for the beginning. But full grown oscars and flowerhorns of course? But if u plan to keep one of these fish with u for the rest of your life then u should make a pond, but if your just keeping them for a while make 5-7 foot aquarium in length, 3-5 feet in width. But I wouldn't recommend a larger one
Oh, yes. I agree. If you want to keep these creatures for life, a pond or monstertank is needed, and a bare minimum is 10 x 8 feet. When you stated, "You need a 5feet plus tank) Then i though you ment you could use a 6 feet tank for life. I would have expected the Tiger Shovelnose, or rtc to devour an oscar, or flowerhorn. I dont see why anyone would buy an 5 x 3 feet tank, and then just be able to keep it for what, a 1 year, with execellent filtration, and not just get rid of it now. As you stated, a pond is needed for these monsters (Or a very large tank) And if you cant get an enclosure of atleast 10 x 8 feet, you just shouldnt buy these Things in the first place, with the plan of finding them a "good home", because its not gonna succed. 14 x 8feet would be so much better for an adult speciment.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Oh, yes. I agree. If you want to keep these creatures for life, a pond or monstertank is needed, and a bare minimum is 10 x 8 feet. When you stated, "You need a 5feet plus tank) Then i though you ment you could use a 6 feet tank for life. I would have expected the Tiger Shovelnose, or rtc to devour an oscar, or flowerhorn. I dont see why anyone would buy an 5 x 3 feet tank, and then just be able to keep it for what, a 1 year, with execellent filtration, and not just get rid of it now. As you stated, a pond is needed for these monsters (Or a very large tank) And if you cant get an enclosure of atleast 10 x 8 feet, you just shouldnt buy these Things in the first place, with the plan of finding them a "good home", because its not gonna succed. 14 x 8feet would be so much better for an adult speciment.
Yup totally agree with u buddy, can u help I don't know how to start my own thread

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store