RTC/PBass/Arowana

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
If you don't know what to do with him when he hits 2ft you shouldn't own one IMO

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Ya true, maybr he get stunted in my tank, all though I do plan to have a 300g here by next xmas, which would work if he only grows 2-3ft max ya I know in the wild they get up to 5ft 300lbs but how big do they get in the average home aquarium tho ya know

Redtailedcat

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2010
Ontario Canada
Ya true, maybr he get stunted in my tank, all though I do plan to have a 300g here by next xmas, which would work if he only grows 2-3ft max ya I know in the wild they get up to 5ft 300lbs but how big do they get in the average home aquarium tho ya know
300 gallon no chance of housing a rtc for more than 1.5 years I had a 43" rtc in my 1700 gallon pond don't bother getting one if you don't wanna spend that kinda money to house the rtc or any other big fish

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
300 gallon no chance of housing a rtc for more than 1.5 years I had a 43" rtc in my 1700 gallon pond don't bother getting one if you don't wanna spend that kinda money to house the rtc or any other big fish

Can they survive outside in a pond un heated for the winter here or no ? If not then can't get one :( and I'll just get a ornate bichir

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I had one when I was quite new in the hobby. The tank was only a 100...

I bought him at 2 inches...a year later, I traded him in at 24 inches.

Not sure how fast he would grow afterwards if I kept him but don't count on smaller size with rtc.

Also in such a confined space, it will be the only fish. All other fish will either die by it or be tough enough to kill RTC, either way not a good situation.

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Ya other fish are 2 oscars, BGK, pbass (maybe a 2nd or 3rd one) silver aro, and birch that's the stock I'm shooting for come spring/summer don't like moving fish during winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store