rtc/tigrinus Cross possible?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
just wondering if its possible or been done?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
thanks but thats a tiger shovel nose I was wondering about a tigrinus.. any info on that?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
well everyone told me that its not posable to captive breed tigrinus so their is know way that you can hybrid a RTC x tigrinus (acording to everyone else)

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
thanks I was just curious.. thought they might look really cool

clare

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
Grimsby, England
Unfortunately hybrids if possible have high mortality rates in labs,number of deformed fish to get one good one are very high,and many as they grow show genetic defects or weaknesses.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Everything is possible nowadays with genetic splicing and DNA cloning. All that is needed is the male sperm of either one, and eggs to be fertilized manually. Lots of clean, oxygen rich waters, and that should complete the process of birth. Raising them also requires care because it would be a first time. Can it be done, very possible. How much would you pay for a 4inch specimen?

taksan

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2005
dodgefreak8 said:
just wondering if its possible or been done?
Not possible RTC/TSN crosses are a aquacultured food fish that find their way into the hobby by accident. Tigrinus are not a fish that is Aquacultured or even seriously commercialy fished. Tigrinus are a pinnicle of keeping big pims why anyone would want to Hybridise such a loverly species is beyond my comprehension. But then again all Hybrids should be banned from the hobby IMHO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store