Ruby (The Kamfa fry) progression thread

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
HI All, I am creating a new thread regarding a process of Ruby (The Kamfa fry). I don't have parrot fish (called him Mango), and he is chilling at my LFS friend's home. So creating this separate thread only for Kamfa.

Don't miss to check out some sample grow-outs at the end of this thread. The breeder is a nice guy, very prompt in answering texts, and Ruby arrived healthy (Well, second time, the first time he sent me fish which got bumped during shipment and got sick during shipment!). Anyway, this fish costed me $$ only including shipping.. It's not legal, I guess, to post breeder's contact info, FB link etc. Please PM me if you're interested.. (Disclaimer: By no means I am getting benefited providing contacts of the breeder/seller who by the way in the USA, I am just trying to help here!)

How Ruby looked when arrived (July 17, 2020)

IMG_20200717_100645.jpgIMG_20200717_100709.jpgIMG_20200717_100718.jpg

Today as of August 4, 2020 (Working on his color now, I can see the head curve so assuming proportion head to his body for juvenile phase, and can grow bigger during adulthood)

Any advise on coloring up will be appreciated! Thank you for visiting the thread...

Youtube link :

Some photos: (as of Today August 4, 2020)

IMG_20200802_092801.jpg

IMG_20200802_092803.jpg

IMG_20200803_211145.jpg

IMG_20200803_211303.jpg

Showing some of the pearls lightening up on the head, I like that one pearl line across the head (Always wanted that kind of fish, looks awesome and satisfactory rather having full bald - I kept all FHs full bald before, and in my profile pic, that full bald badasss had a golden color on head!)

IMG_20200804_121338.jpg

IMG_20200804_121411.jpg

Sample Grow outs (breeder call them Ruby's siblings, but wonder how come all siblings are grown out so fast and Ruby is growing slow LOL), he might have meant by Ruby's bloodline...

Screenshot_20200728-195425.jpg

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oh wow! So you meant for the one you have now? He didn't show until 6?

Yes, heard kamfa slow in growing hump.

I am guessing my kamfa should show some progress in next one month, because in just one month, he turned very well. The good part is he feels home now! So today when I removed his hiding ornaments during maintenance, he came up and showed his tentrum ! For the first time.

Now for colors, this guy was plain green when arrived, now showing little dark red but not on tummy and tail part yet..they are definitely late bloomer!!

Thanks RutuRaj for your comments.

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sorry missed to update you that NLS helps a lot for overall growth, including occasional treats as dried bw and shrimps.

Hikari regular, Hikari Bio Gold+, and OmegaOne color pallets.....

He started eating peas like a pig, which is great weekly tummy relief solution! He does poop greenish after eating peas.

Edit: By seeing photos, you feel his body is structuring more like ZZ then Kamfa? Lol... I do feel sometimes!!

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yes, hump wasn't significant till recently. Hump is a sexual dimorphism and comes with age. Vieja take longer, so does kamfa that are made using them, to sexually mature and so getting hump.

Personally for best growth, stick to nls only. I wouldn't feed peas either, NLS foods have significant fiber to keep digestive tract healthy.

It's too early to tell his body shape, he seems likely to have long body.

Reactions: AlphaTintu

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Progressing slow but steady!
Coming out good!!

July 17: When I got him

View attachment 1429509

Today Aug 19 ( Hunching head a little bit, Kamfa tends to grow heads at later age, some might not grow at all, all genes, I will wait!)

However, Pearls are showing up on the head!!

View attachment 1429510

View attachment 1429512

View attachment 1429513

View attachment 1429514

View attachment 1429515

View attachment 1429516

View attachment 1429517
any updates? he looks pretty and has big potential ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store