Running spots and sunken head please help

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I have dealt with a handful of bd so far. I find they can be finicky. Out of 4 pairs we had 4-5 rays that didn’t seem to eat after a 2 hr transport. Perfectly healthy beforehand but stopped eating, heads caved in and spots running.

be on alert, this is full emergency mode. If you don’t get them to eat something soon, it may not recover.

like what others have suggested. Try live food, black worms, guppies, blood worms, earthworms, ghost shrimp. Whatever you can get your hands on. I try the cheapest options first and work my way down the list. You may need to get some metal tongs and try to feed them the live food with that. I have nursed many new rays back to health with this method.

another really good medication to use if you can get your hands on it is bifuran or bifuran 2.We had a snow leopard/ boesmani hybrid that stopped eating for almost 2 months and I thought it was a goner for sure. We did some good wc and dosed with the yellow powder and it started eating. The hip bones looked like they were going to pop through the skin.

good luck.

Jimmvill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2020
I have dealt with a handful of bd so far. I find they can be finicky. Out of 4 pairs we had 4-5 rays that didn’t seem to eat after a 2 hr transport. Perfectly healthy beforehand but stopped eating, heads caved in and spots running.

be on alert, this is full emergency mode. If you don’t get them to eat something soon, it may not recover.

like what others have suggested. Try live food, black worms, guppies, blood worms, earthworms, ghost shrimp. Whatever you can get your hands on. I try the cheapest options first and work my way down the list. You may need to get some metal tongs and try to feed them the live food with that. I have nursed many new rays back to health with this method.

another really good medication to use if you can get your hands on it is bifuran or bifuran 2.We had a snow leopard/ boesmani hybrid that stopped eating for almost 2 months and I thought it was a goner for sure. We did some good wc and dosed with the yellow powder and it started eating. The hip bones looked like they were going to pop through the skin.

good luck.
Oh man thanks a lot…. That really did help a lot… I’ll see about the medication…. Hopefully I’ll get them eating….

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Oh man thanks a lot…. That really did help a lot… I’ll see about the medication…. Hopefully I’ll get them eating….
You said you dosed with prazi, I wouldn’t do a the bifuran until the prazi is done. I try not to do multiple meds at same time if possible.

I have seen prazi cause crazy appetite in some rays and others to completely lose appetite. But I often notice big poops. Some people suggest this is the ray passing any parasites. So long story short I would wait until the prazi cycle is complete before adding another dynamic into the mix.

Jimmvill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2020
You said you dosed with prazi, I wouldn’t do a the bifuran until the prazi is done. I try not to do multiple meds at same time if possible.

I have seen prazi cause crazy appetite in some rays and others to completely lose appetite. But I often notice big poops. Some people suggest this is the ray passing any parasites. So long story short I would wait until the prazi cycle is complete before adding another dynamic into the mix.
Oh no man I know.. still got 3 more days till I’m done with the prazipro.. it says a total of 5 days…

Reactions: Matteus

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Great advice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store