RWalleyTX Eheim 2262 setup/review THE BIG ONE

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Congrats on the purchase. I'm all for sumps for filtration these days. But if you're going to go with a canister, the 2262 is about the best out there imo. I have one sitting in storage that's just teasing me to set up another tank lol. Was going to suggest turning the pump sideways til I saw your last post. That'll definitely give you a bit more wiggle room.

Reactions: jaws7777

RWalleyTX

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2016
Congrats on the purchase. I'm all for sumps for filtration these days. But if you're going to go with a canister, the 2262 is about the best out there imo. I have one sitting in storage that's just teasing me to set up another tank lol. Was going to suggest turning the pump sideways til I saw your last post. That'll definitely give you a bit more wiggle room.
Thanks! I have plans to turn it sideways when I get more tubing but I want to wait a few days before I place a order just in case I need to other something else. It never fails when I place a order and 2 days later I need something else.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Great filter I have owned a few of them! A little trick to reduce noise is take the pump off then add a little rubber/foam Mat between the pump and the plastic then screw back on. Almost a thin yoga mat

RWalleyTX

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2016
Great filter I have owned a few of them! A little trick to reduce noise is take the pump off then add a little rubber/foam Mat between the pump and the plastic then screw back on. Almost a thin yoga mat
I looked at the way the base plate sits on the green base plate and it looks like it has to "key" in place if I'm not mistaken if I placed I piece of rubber or foam under it I'm thinking it won't sit flat?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Does that pad interfere with those nipples sticking up causing the pump not to sit flat?
No you can add the pad between those ridges or you can cover them just cut out a little slit in the pad for them to poke through. This will make it dead silent.

RWalleyTX

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2016
I'll give it a try I have some thin rubber sheet but I want to see if I can find some 1/8 inch foam if I can to give it more dampening power

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Definitely the best can out there had both the 2262 and the fx6. Fx6 doesnt come close to comparisson. congrats

One mod that another memeber suggested was drilling the holes on the spray bar slightly larger. I had mine on a 150 gal by itself and was great. I put my return and intake in the same side of the tank. Flow was so strong that it would push water down the far wall and across the bottom so that all debris that the intake did pick up would settle in one place which was under the spray bar/intake.

Also not sure if your if your doing stricly bio media but most use poret foam from swiss tropicals for mech...best stuff out there.

D deeda

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store