S. formosus

Andrew_Murphy

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2007
Boston, Ma
Hi all,

These animals are permitted USF&W seizures, surrendered to the facility I work at. As far as we can tell this is a 1st in the US. Pair spawned during a full moon in early June. First fry visible in early July. After many weeks of anticipation and preparation fry began to disperse. More to come once the press release is out.

Cheers

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looks like a small one is peeking from inside it's mouth.Is this your arowana?

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,when I first posted there was only one photo and no text showing on my phone and now a few hours later I can see the information posted as well as the other photos.Very interesting anyhow,I wonder what will become of these U.S. bred Asian arowana?

Andrew_Murphy

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2007
Boston, Ma
Well,when I first posted there was only one photo and no text showing on my phone and now a few hours later I can see the information posted as well as the other photos.Very interesting anyhow,I wonder what will become of these U.S. bred Asian arowana?
Sorry! Had a mobile malfunction and the form jumped the gun! When I'm not taking care of the offspring and other husbandry duties, much of my energy is currently invested in linking these captive animals with in situ populations to generate real conservation outcomes. Hopefully more on that in the coming months.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That could be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store