Sad News

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I'm sorry for your loss. I offer our condolences.

Don't quit

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Sorry for your loss... its heartbreaking but... keep your chin up and dont sit and blame yourself.. it can happen to the best of us...

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
sorry to hear but at least the female is ok.
if your interested in a male pup im thinking of selling the lil guy that was born a few months ago. hes not related to richards as both parents were wild and this is a pup from a female from them so f2 i think..
im far away though.
i have a genny as back up but ive never tested it, ill have to go check it at some point. good luck and i hope the rest of your fish are ok.

Ashley106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2014
England
First and formost I hope you enjoyed your holiday Cape Verde is a beautiful place probably the best place I have ever visited quad bike experience was brilliant we went to Boa Vista and stayed in the Royal Decameron I think it was

Shame about the ray maybe fit a ball valve on your drip so if waste blocks atleast the sump won't over fill ? Keep your chin up and move forward from it it's horrible to loose rays as you get so attached but it can be a excuse to up the anti be it a new approach to the hobby or a bigger tank which you have already mentioned

All the best and I hope the female recovers

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
First and formost I hope you enjoyed your holiday Cape Verde is a beautiful place probably the best place I have ever visited quad bike experience was brilliant we went to Boa Vista and stayed in the Royal Decameron I think it was

Shame about the ray maybe fit a ball valve on your drip so if waste blocks atleast the sump won't over fill ? Keep your chin up and move forward from it it's horrible to loose rays as you get so attached but it can be a excuse to up the anti be it a new approach to the hobby or a bigger tank which you have already mentioned

All the best and I hope the female recovers

The female is doing well thanks. I have a solenoid valve on the sump and at high level OR no power it is supposed to close, I have tested it but it seems there is some creep. The biggest issue was the pipe popping off the return. I have stripped it out and remove the K1 (Probably a knock off copy) and got some assassi snails to clear out the sump. I will do a weekly test now with zero power.

Cape Verde is a wonderful place and finding its feet in the holiday market. We went out with sharks in a bay and watched loggerhead turtles laying eggs on the beach.

Reactions: Ashley106

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Hi mate, long time no speak on here. Leeds is not too far for me. Can I see some pics please.
therre are some pics on the sad thread . its worth noting that the problems there have been resolved and seem to have been a one off freak affair (considering ive not had anything similar happen in my experience and i have at least one ray thats over 10 years old).
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/689228/

ill be honest with you. i dont want to sell the little guy, he's tiny and has a great pattern. however, i have too many males so im torn and if i do i want him to go to a good home . i have more small pups due in the next few months as i think several females are pregnant. pm me if you want to sort something out.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
therre are some pics on the sad thread . its worth noting that the problems there have been resolved and seem to have been a one off freak affair (considering ive not had anything similar happen in my experience and i have at least one ray thats over 10 years old).
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/689228/

ill be honest with you. i dont want to sell the little guy, he's tiny and has a great pattern. however, i have too many males so im torn and if i do i want him to go to a good home . i have more small pups due in the next few months as i think several females are pregnant. pm me if you want to sort something out.
Thanks, I have rebuilt the sump now to ensure no further problems, the female is doing well and eating like a pig, I was worried as separated her after breeding once and she stopped eating until back in with the male.

I will pm you shortly

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store