sand or crushed coral

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
55 gallons :( i wish it was at least a 120 but im on a budget..the setup is deff going to have a sump. prob something around 30 gallons with biological and chemical filteration.

i know a 55 is small.. soi deff cant get any fronts.. im a noob to africans so i will take any advise i could get.

JayK1320

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Boston, MA
def listen to the advice of Mike, I have been trying to follow his tank setups as I do my own and it is really coming along great. I have come a long way thanks to Mike and others that are just crazy good with Africans and have some sick tanks. There is def some cool stuff you can do with a 55g, although now that I got this one on its way to being just how I want it, I want to upgrade haha. I am thinking about going to a 75 real soon and then in a few months going up to a 90g. Thats the biggest I think I want to go when I am living in apartments. So good luck, I am sure from all your other tanks I have seen this one will be top notch. Pics as you proceed!

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
well after doing some research on tropheus, the black and orange ones i fell in love with, it seems like i wont be getting any since they only do good with there own kind and need a special diet of just veggies other wise they get bloat because of their short digestive tracts.....

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
JayK1320;2017436; said:
def listen to the advice of Mike, I have been trying to follow his tank setups as I do my own and it is really coming along great. I have come a long way thanks to Mike and others that are just crazy good with Africans and have some sick tanks. There is def some cool stuff you can do with a 55g, although now that I got this one on its way to being just how I want it, I want to upgrade haha. I am thinking about going to a 75 real soon and then in a few months going up to a 90g. Thats the biggest I think I want to go when I am living in apartments. So good luck, I am sure from all your other tanks I have seen this one will be top notch. Pics as you proceed!
thanks you and will do. i will keep you all updated as i start to set everything up. oh and Mike i will be waiting for your advise ;)

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
nothing wrong with a trophues tank do the 55 and grow them out and upgrade to a 75. As for food NLS works great with them... I am going to get some in time. They are not cheap by any means. If you want tangs still and do a 55 look into shellies and Lamps...

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
i will research and get back to you. thanks for the help.. i will eventually make up my mind lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store