Saturday I'm Getting The 150!!!

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
waylon;552762; said:
I know you said you didnt want the biggest fish but if i had that tank i would get a red tail catfish big pacu maybey an arrwanna.Not sure thats all.
150 would be too small for any one of those fish, sorry. do you want a nice planted tank? that way you can get some really nice colors out of a vast assortment of fish. you could get aussie rainbows schooling around some nice vegetation... or a school of blood thirsty exodon paradox, (which is my suggestion to any and all that want color/activity/less upkeep than piranha with similar results).

you could go with an asian predator tank with various cyprinids like bala sharks and apollo sharks. throw some gouramis up top with a few dats to patrol the middle, and you have yourself a nice asian biotope aquarium.

personally, i like planted tanks with a high level of activity, which you would get from all of these options. and i do like the oddball african tanks, you could get some rare fish with that idea.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Fill the 150 wth GIANT FANCY GOLDFISH....Throw some white gravel and a BIG sunken pirate ship in the middle....**drewling**....My lfs is selling some 9-10 inch Orandas for $59.99 each....These fish will definately fill up any large tank....Plus, although simple, goldfish are probably the most active, least skittish fish outside of the cichlid circle...Geez, I may dump one in my 33 next week...Post Pix....

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
waylon;552762; said:
I know you said you didnt want the biggest fish but if i had that tank i would get a red tail catfish big pacu maybey an arrwanna.Not sure thats all.
Please dont advise people to keep fish that their tank cant handle. I cant even imagine that you honestly think that's a good idea.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
rallysman;553270; said:
Please dont advise people to keep fish that their tank cant handle. I cant even imagine that you honestly think that's a good idea.
i think he may be young and/or inexperienced. i doubt anybody would give that advice knowingly, probably just misinformed. if somebody showed me a baby RTC 10 yrs. ago, id have no idea it would be as big as me in the coming years.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
downset21;553300; said:
i think he may be young and/or inexperienced. i doubt anybody would give that advice knowingly, probably just misinformed. if somebody showed me a baby RTC 10 yrs. ago, id have no idea it would be as big as me in the coming years.
inexperienced maybe, young no (27 according to his profile)

It's still inexcusable. Obviouslly he knows that they get big because of the way his post was worded, and even if he didnt know, he shouldnt give that "advice". If you dont know for sure, dont suggest it. Simple.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
RedTail is not suitable for a tank that size. A dealer I know has one in a 280, and the tank is too small!

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
rallysman;553306; said:
inexperienced maybe, young no (27 according to his profile)

It's still inexcusable. Obviouslly he knows that they get big because of the way his post was worded, and even if he didnt know, he shouldnt give that "advice". If you dont know for sure, dont suggest it. Simple.
I see your point now... and I admit, I get that twinge of annoyance at that sort of thing too... I call it my "arapaima reaction." I get it when anybody other than a zoo or aquarium gets an arapaima.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
He said if he had an big tank he would, he wasent saying do this.

Go with some dats, they grow super slow!!!
or even archer fish?

Or get some clown loaches, Bgk or brown ghost knfie. some middle and top dwelers like guarmis

or even a giant shool of tetras

ORRRRR...

100female guppies
30 male fancy guppies

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
and as for the advice, my friend has just about every purchasable tetra you could get around Boston in a 180... and it's something to behold... I wouldnt trade my ray or mono for it, but it's an eyecatcher

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
milkman407;553315; said:
He said if he had an big tank he would, he wasent saying do this.
150 isnt big enough... and this is coming from the kid with a 600 on the way... still jealous

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store