Saved! Help me?:(

Jason S 6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
Scotland
Was in my local fish shop today when i came across two fish, think there malawi? and they were being badly beaten up by there tank mates so i took these bright coloured fish for a fiver each :)
One male and one female, the guy said they were some sort of alunacara?
anyways i was hoping someone could identify this fish and tell me a bit about them as there in a large tank by themselves in perfect condition and im hoping to breed them, thanks :)

bluekrissyspikes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2007
canada
nice fish. sorry i can't help you cause i don't know anything about them. i just wanted to say they look cool and i hope they breed for ya. also i see you only have 5 posts so WELCOME to MFK!!

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
it definitely is a peacock, I would repost in the African cichlid section, as there are people there that might do better in ID'ing the fish

Jason S 6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
Scotland
so you guys are certain its a german red peacock?
the guy in my fishs hop said it will breed like mad once it gets settled down and its whole body goes canary yellow? is that true?
Thanks.

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Yellow would be a different fish. If this is a red it will be red/orangish!

They are great a must in everyone's all male show tank. I am sure if you have a good female German red it will sell well. DO not get a female red peacock. They are similar but color of the strain is not as intense and will end up not looking as nice as dad!

Jason S 6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
Scotland
lol i already have one male and one female german red peacock, it's just to try and breed them then il move onto more exciting fish of the same kind with brighter colours :)
you know all these electric blue and electric yellows cna you breed them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store