Scarred for life

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Don't know if this counts, but after battling anchorworm recently in some rescue fish; it's made me freak out putting my hands in the tank haha, everytime i move a plant or something I have images of some sort of prehistoric worm latching onto my hand and burrowing in haha

Reactions: lekkiandgas

Soco

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2015
Johannesburg
www.vetexonline.co.za
I haven't had any detrimental disasters as of late but I do have one that was a serious WTF moment.

I have a 45 gallon tank at work, which used to house a huge armoured pleco. He was the best fish ever and got to about 30cm in length. I always feed the fish at work in the morning and when I went to feed him I couldn't see him anywhere, the tank was decorated as a "ship wreck" theme, so I thought he was just chilling out inside the ships as he usually did, after not seeing him for 3 days in a row I asked some of my employees if he had died or if anyone removed him from the tank and everyone said that they didn't see anything..

I came to find out that one of my guys that looks after the fish when I'm away changed the water and cleaned the tank.. When putting the water back in the tank he didn't do any tests or add in any dechlorinator to the water, just straight out the tap and into the tank :(

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I haven't had any detrimental disasters as of late but I do have one that was a serious WTF moment.

I have a 45 gallon tank at work, which used to house a huge armoured pleco. He was the best fish ever and got to about 30cm in length. I always feed the fish at work in the morning and when I went to feed him I couldn't see him anywhere, the tank was decorated as a "ship wreck" theme, so I thought he was just chilling out inside the ships as he usually did, after not seeing him for 3 days in a row I asked some of my employees if he had died or if anyone removed him from the tank and everyone said that they didn't see anything..

I came to find out that one of my guys that looks after the fish when I'm away changed the water and cleaned the tank.. When putting the water back in the tank he didn't do any tests or add in any dechlorinator to the water, just straight out the tap and into the tank :(
So.....did he die? or get found?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store