Schooling fish with ckf

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
Looking for any possible tankmates for my ckf. Tank is a 240 gal, filtered by a 100 gallon sump. In the tank is a ckf-14", Sen-9", common plec-16", and a Raphael cat-4-6". I wanted to put a schooling fish in there with them. My lfs had some giant danio (3")for sale and we both thought they may be able to outrun the ck. I put 6 in last night and when I woke up there was only two left. Is there anything else that may work in there. He has some silver dollars (speckled type, not real familiar with silver dollars) for $6/ea, and he has 5 Redhooks that he thought would probably large enough that they wouldn't get eaten. The Redhooks are $16/ea and I don't want to just buy an expensive meal for the jerk. Anyone have experience with silver dollars with these type of tankmates, or anything else that worked? I want to add a school of fish

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
my albino CKF has silver dollars as tankmates. CKF about 12-14 inch, my silver dollars should be about 5 inches.

and your avatar is you in a bomb disposal suit?

Reactions: tlindsey and J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Tinfoil Barbs, Bala Sharks, Angelfish (can be delicate), Paretroplus menarambo (might be too tough), Odoe pikes (piscavore), ID sharks (may be too big)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store